Posts by MagusUnion

Do you mean breaking the cable going "in" the bat box or going "out"? Can you show my a screenshot or something, so I can try to reproduce it here? How often does that happen?

Noticed the bug as well during a debug test. The box will stop sending EU output if a world is reloaded, i.e. on WorldGeneration. So I guess the box doesn't translate the Mechanical energy until AFTER you connect a cable to it, not as mechanical energy is passing thru...

I'll do a quick test to see if it's merely a delay error...

Edit: Yup, definitely an 'OnWorldGen.' bug or something...

All think about that.

By the way, do you have any suggestions as to balancing the dynamo? I feel that if I reduce the amount of energy it produces no one would even bother to use it....

Reduce the EU output to 2/t. It'll be the same as the IC versions of renewable energy generation, if not less (bascially because they both parallel each other in design, but not in look)...

Also, how about using Steel in the electric -> mechanical energy version (separate block perhaps)? Steel is hard to make in BTW, and is a primary end-game item in the tech tree progression for that mod. Would also make sense because you could craft it alongside with Refined Iron and Copper as well... (as well as have it only be able to accept LV current)..

No, I'm definetelly wont be doing that... It would mess up BTW's tech progression pretty badly, imo....

Just because an add-on causes an end-result of a mod, doesn't make it unacceptable to code. It wouldn't be your fault if it caused such 'technical difficulties' to BTW itself, and I'm sure Flowerchild would just find work-a-rounds if it became the case. Plus, that mod has other things as well that the user can focus on, other than solely mechanical power.

This is a powerful piece of integration between two powerful mods, one that can lead to a much more clever creations than just Hemp Farms or Solar Trees. I hope you can see the powerful utility and application of having them parallel each other like this beyond 'what the mods should do...'

I m confused. Do you like that the advanced solar panel produces 8/1 at the current cost or do you want to see it produce more or less?

I think it's fine the way it is... I still have the 11EU/t version because personally, 11% sunlight efficentcy is realistic in terms of what we do have available to us.. (Highest grade so far is 13%, where plants get 30% energy yield from light)...

I just think it's funny how the nuclear boys want to shout 'OP' just because we have something to match their system in terms of energy production. You don't like it? I don't like Uranium...

Deal with it.. 8)

That's like saying this is overpowered because it produces a near identical output of energy as nuclear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8vuMDY6hY

There's a reason why each energy generation type works the way it does: So you aren't forced to use specific energy generating reactors just to run your machines...

(And yes, it's a legit build. Took too damn long to build in comparison with my first one, but it is twice the size as the original... so meh...)

exchange is extremely retarded mod, ability to convert stones into diamonds for free - lol.

I don't think it's that easy, but from an atomic standpoint, it makes little sense that cobble is the 'base materia' for every ore in the game... (Sidenote: Cobble = pebbled rock, meaning minerals primarily containing SiO2 with alkaline metals (at best). How do you get transition metals (Cu, Sn, Fe) from something that lacks them, much less lacks a valid base total of subatomic material to fuse into said elements being mentioned?)

With that said, any 'hardness' advantage that Obsidian had was lost the moment custom tools/items with higher hardness's were programmed in. Same with bs 5-mans in WoW, you can't program safety, teamwork, or security into a game. These are issues you are going to encounter anywhere on any server, and I doubt Alba can create such an item that can purely make a player feel 'safe' in a SMP setting...

Which is why I think such an idea is unnecessary... If it's also to get something to look more 'industrialized', then nag Alba to get Paint to work on more than just cables :P

Wait, are you seriously implying Goon pays mod developers to mod how they want? This sounds quite absurd, have any evidence to back it up

Did i mention i received a load of donations, suddenly, starting yesterday? And most of them even include notes about how great the easy-to-install technical modpack is. >.>

Derp... your DoS was merely a setback...

This is no different than the crap you do in EvE Online... I just hope Al understands that if you accept something from the Goons, they expect your soul in return...

If they had 0 respect for the mod authors they wouldn't link to here or to any other mod post. That's a lot of extra effort for no respect. If IC2 gained even 1/4 of the Yogcast Veiwers. 250k people. Of those some would surely donate and help make the community better. There not all mindless robots.. When a single guy donates 50 Euro's because he thinks the mods are amazing (Which they are) more people will come and play and show Albaka there support and respect. Its a means to an end for the yogcast showcasing IC2

I wasn't talking about Yogcast in terms of respecting Mod developers. I was talking about the mod pack creator himself... And personally I know that goonswarm will try to buy off these developers into continuing their modding and getting them to cooperate with allowing them to make mod packs like these, or pay in such a way as to influence further mod development the way that the goon's (not Al) so wish...

It all boils down to a battle for respect... it has nothing to do with who has the mods, but respecting those who put forth the effort to actually make them...

and I do mean losing battle because:

1. it's the god damn goonswarm, after all...

2. it's the open domain

So either way, developers are mad that their work is being abused like this, which almost similar to how ungrateful other players are towards developers with even bigger named titles that are on the market today...

Half you guys are idiots.
    Yes they are endorsing the pack, HOWEVER, they are giving credit to ALL THE MODS USED in the description, so blame the modpack creator, not the yogscast, THEY'RE CREDITING THE MODS PEOPLE. Take down the pack I don't care, but don't blame the fucking yogscast when they're trying to give credit to all the mod creators, idiots.
    Jesus.
    So bash the modpack creator, NOT THE YOGSCAST.

Several of us are... I'm mostly angry at the damn goon who began this... and the Yogtards merely played into his hand by using his pack to do a featured video with their following...

If anything, I wish a Forge Pack could be made, but it's been stated that such packs are against other developer's design...

Well, I'm beginning to think it's not just your machine that's doing it, and just a bug on buildcraft's end... other than that, the machine works fine... So kudos for the great work!

Edit: Found a work-around using wireless Redstone+Toggle Gates from MoreAI's mod...

T--R

where:
    T: Toggle Gate
    --: Redstone
    R: Wireless Redstone reciever...

Basically transmit on the reciever once one set of machines have finished their jobs, and the toggle will remain active after transmission to pump all items out of said machines.. Repulse to shut off the pumping process..

Edit 2: Work around is still valid if you accidentally find yourself back-logged with a bunch of unsmelted/unmaceated inventory...

Got a download from me at least... Great work! Now I know what to put into my adv. factory that I'm building (plus with the tele-pipes that were just released...)

Edit: Testing it now, and unfortunately, pipes take objects from the wrong sets of slots while trying to use this... (Stealing from input slot 1st before output slots)