Posts by slowpoke

Well, I'm a little late to tell you this, but this is probably the best tekkit texturepacks that I've come across. And believe me, I've been through almost all of them, when I was looking for inspiration.
    Sure, there are some things that I just can't agree with, like the amount of noise in the terrain textures. Single blocks can have a lot of details, but highly repetitive blocks need to be low-contrast in my opinion.
    But still, it fits the style and the machine blocks look so fantastic, that I am really tempted to imitate parts of the design. (no worries though)

+1 for crazy attention to detail
    +1 for handcrafted pixel art

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it. Can you be more specific regarding noise? I'm not 100% satisfied with a lot of the textures for the dirt and grass, especially.

Another railcraft user here, I love the track options and the recipes end up giving you more track for your materials than vanilla. You can have proper track switching and signalling as well. The only thing I don't like is that three minute burn time to get your creosote. IC2's machines and upgrades have made me impatient. The wood/iron/stone posts are also really cool, and really let me get that whole "industrial hellhole" aesthetic going on. It works really well with IC2

Thanks for the feedback. I'm always tweaking it here and there. I do plan to do the RP machines at some point, Eloraam's 32x textures are pretty good, so I didn't put a priority on them. I don't actually use EE in my game, because it's hilariously overpowered, but a bunch of my friends like it so I might get around to it at some point. What do you think doesn't fit with the bookcase? I may have changed the wood palette since I did it, now that I think about it.

This is my texture pack that I did for use with a few different mods, it's a bit of a work in progress, but all of the items and IC2 blocks are done. I play with a few mods usually, so there's also support for Redpower's world blocks like the ores, marble, and stuff, as well as all of Railcraft's blocks and rails.

This texture pack is made to work with Tekkit 2.1.1
    Some of the textures will work with later versions of mods; even if they aren't included in Tekkit yet.

Minecraft 1.2.5; World blocks, Items, Armours, Mobs(all villagers, ghasts, chicken, enderman) Items (cart, chests), Paintings
    -randommobs for Skeletons, Zombies, Blazes, Spider, Cave Spider, Creeper, Pig Zombie

Industrialcraft2 1.9; Items, machines, world blocks, armours.
    -Advanced machines 3.6
    -Compact Solars 1.2
    -Charging Bench 1.7.1

Railcraft 3.4.2

Nether Ores 1.1.2

Redpower 2.0; Items, world blocks. Machines are currently from Eloraam's 32px pack.

Buildcraft 2.1.12; Items
    -Forestry 1.4.0.4; world blocks, items, most machines (no bees) - note: I'm not gonna keep up with Forestry unless there's a real demand for it as it's no longer in the modpack I use.

Download it here: http://minecraftcustomizer.net/pack/Blockheads
    Or here if you just want the file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21315217/Blockheads-tekkit.zip

I'll go ahead and throw my name in the hat as well, here's my info:

- Name/Nick
    slowpoke, capt_slowpoke on Rizon, or Oniontrain. I have several IM names, I can provide those on request via private message as well.

- MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them)
    Eustace / slowpoke / capt_slowpoke

- Timezone
    GMT-6
    I'm usually online between 4- 9 PM my time.

- The position
    Spriting and/or modeling, I can do either, but I'm not familiar with Minecraft's model format.

- Previous experience

I'm a professional artist that really likes pixel art. I've done a 32x pack for vanilla, IC2 and Redpower (so far) and plan to throw Railcraft in there as well. Before I started playing with mods I could usually get a new version out the same day as a MC version release. I'm trained as a 3d modeler and animator as well, but I haven't done anything for Minecraft. The most recent 3d stuff I've done has been for New Vegas, shoot me a message if you want to see that.

Here's a few examples of my work with Minecraft:
    Vanilla blocks
    IC2 blocks to match my other textures
    Vanilla items

Thanks!

On the same subject, I'd like to see the sides and top of each machine, rather than just the front face, indicate which machine is which. Also, it would be nice to have the top faces change to indicate the machine is active. At the moment, only the Macerator does this (and it's front doesn't!).

Yeah, they already actually work that way, and I did exactly what you're suggesting when I made my textures. It's just that the defaults have most of the faces copy-pasted in both the active and inactive spots.

The solars dont synchronize active state or a facing they just have top bottom and a side. I dont want to change this as its supposed to be for smp efficiency. Sorry.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the response. The facing stuff isn't really necessary for them, I agree. I was mainly just curious about the active state thing.

I'm not sure if these should go here or in bugs, but there's a few nit-picky texture things I've noticed when doing a texture pack. So far, out of all the stuff I've done textures for, Industrialcraft has by far been the most pleasing to work with. I absolutely love the way all the machines have been done, where each side of the block can have a unique texture, which you can change freely for the active version. There's only a couple of things I found weird.

With the wearable stuff, the CF sprayer backpack uses the same texture as the batpack, and there's only one jetpack texture that both of them use; static boots use the same texture and inventory icon as the regular rubber boots as well. I'm not sure if this is intentional or what, but it'd be nice to have the option to do seperate textures for all of them, even if they're just copy-pasted from the others by default.

The electric treetap also uses the same inventory sprite as the wrench, which looks a little odd.