Suggestion: [Expanded Brewing]

• Hey. I started working on this when I saw the blog post about adding booze, but I unfortunatly only finished now after it's already been put in. For what it's worth though I'd like to suggest expanded brewing, to flesh it out a bit. This is something I've wanted in MC for a while.

http://i.imgur.com/WuB3o.png?1

Even this is simplified from real brewing, but most of the main steps are there. Boiling and fermenting are very important or else it just isn't beer at all. It's wheaty hop water. Some steps could be removed for the sake of simplicity like the milling stage, but it would be a good use of the macerator.

I did a mock up here.

[IMG width=600]http://i.imgur.com/wwaUZ.jpg?1[/IMG]
    Full Size: http://i.imgur.com/wwaUZ.jpg?1

The textures were just placeholders I made but I'd hand them over if you want to work on this and expand on brewing.

Edit: Images don't seem to be displaying. I guess you need to use the links.

• Official Post

And see, that's why I didn't bother asking "How should I implement it". Booze is meant to be a lil sidejob, not something containing enough machine to rival IC by itself.

The current implementation uses ONE new Block. Which is the Barrel. Which can be used for 3 different liquids.

• And see, that's why I didn't bother asking "How should I implement it". Booze is meant to be a lil sidejob, not something containing enough machine to rival IC by itself.

The current implementation uses ONE new Block. Which is the Barrel. Which can be used for 3 different liquids.

...Can we put gunpowder in it with the canning machine, and toss it?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

And see, that's why I didn't bother asking "How should I implement it". Booze is meant to be a lil sidejob, not something containing enough machine to rival IC by itself.

Can we throw it like Donkeykong?

• And see, that's why I didn't bother asking "How should I implement it". Booze is meant to be a lil sidejob, not something containing enough machine to rival IC by itself.

lol, as the other's ideas were pretty humorous and enjoyable... you could also use the Cauldron which can still be made in Vanilla MC but if now worthless to any MC function. you could make that like a mixing pot by slapping a GUI on it and then when it's donw use buckets to move it from the cauldron to the keg to let it ferment, which could have the fermentation level affected by the color of the barrel or minor expansion Barrels expand slightly when filled because the liquid adsorbs into the wood causing pressure within the wood assisting itself in making it water tight).

Cheapshot: lol cute drawing though and not to bad of texturing either.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• This. PLEASE. As a resident pyro, nothing is more satisfying that watching something go "kaboom."

to quote a guy on the front page COMBUSTABLE LEMONS! :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• also Alblaka, i know you don;t like working with potions but you could also utilize the Brewing Stand, you could brew components in the barrels and then toss them into a brewing stand once they are complete to put them in bottles, or put a Brewing stand ontop of a canning machine to put your beer into Cans.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I agree, many of the things that Cheap Shot's idea involves could be done mostly with already existing IC2 and MC machines (furnace, macerator, compressor, extractor, perhaps even the cauldron and brewing stand), and therefore should not need to use any extra block ids. Item ids it would use, but those we don't care too much about :)

• specially since the Block ID limit will be something like 4,000. then it might be time for my do go buy a new top of the line PC and download as many Mods as i can fine just for kicks and see what kind of crazy non-sence i can invent :p even though i think IC2 and BC2 are all i will ever need :D

• I was going to make a post but decided to look through existing threads.. Looks like the creators don't want to do anything more with the beer, but I would like to see the ability to put it in an extractor or canner and receive something like an ethanol cell or extract 1 beer into 4 (a completely arbitrary number as an example) biodiesel.

The beer is kinda fun, but in the overall scheme it seems disjointed from IC. Using the brewing system as a way of gaining a new fuel would be something to do with failed brews and would entice some that would otherwise have no interest in brewing or even farming in general.

• I was going to make a post but decided to look through existing threads.. Looks like the creators don't want to do anything more with the beer, but I would like to see the ability to put it in an extractor or canner and receive something like an ethanol cell or extract 1 beer into 4 (a completely arbitrary number as an example) biodiesel.

The beer is kinda fun, but in the overall scheme it seems disjointed from IC. Using the brewing system as a way of gaining a new fuel would be something to do with failed brews and would entice some that would otherwise have no interest in brewing or even farming in general.

Al has said that farming and brewing are nothing more than a side fun to the mod, nobody its forced to do it if they dont want to.

• As an amateur brewer I'd love to see things head in this direction, but I can also understand why they probably won't.

To the idea itself: Could be done with no additional blocks, by having milled grain x + water bucket = mash x recipes, and mashing in a furnace. Chilling the wort would be a problem, it's as important a step as any other so would need either a refrigerator machine (and other uses for it), a damage over time for the wort items (wherever they are, and assuming it's even possible), something along the lines of an ice version of bc's waterproof pipes, or more likely skipping the step entirely.

• Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to naysay anything that has been suggested or is already in place. I appreciate farming/brewing/coffee tasting for what it is, and personally enjoy them all, and am quick in other mod forums to say dont like it = don't do it. However, that isnt the case here. I do like it, but I do see a logical step that could be performed with the addition of one to two recipes.
    And consequently, if you didn't want to make industrial grade ethanol, You would be free not to. :whistling:

I have other ideas of adding macerated wood to the brew barrel and making methanol which would have strong debuffs when drunk, but could me made into the method for removing paint from cables and foam wall, or even dissolving foam wall, etc. However, I readily concede that that starts eating up block ids, wastes lots of programming time, cause the current biofuel situation to become clunky, would force people into beer making if they hoped to regain uncolored insulated wire. It would start an argument about how methanol is actually made and someone would suggest a still block be made out of a brass ingot circle in the crafting table. People would start calling it drunkcraft. It'd be a huge mess.
    Not practical... But I think one more recipe would be a hoot and would add value to the game as a whole

• i for one would like to see booze fuel replace biofuel cells

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• No, we need MOAR MACHIENES.

Seriously though, this is an awesome idea. I'm not a fan of beer, but I love smooth game mechanics. And this one is cool. My one downside to the whole beer thing is how freakin hard it is to breed the plants. I've put about 8 hours of hardcore breeding action on the plants on my server, and the only new plant I've discovered with my best plants is Tulips... but at least now all my plants grow REALLY fast! I just can't get coffee beans, hops, or any of the other new plants. I am honestly scared with the frequency of which everyone else talks about these plants as if they had them from the very beginning...

On a final note, we shouldn't take every good idea to it's logical conclusion, or we'd be flying jets and landing on the Moon in Minecraft.

Oh wait, that'd be totally awesome.