Posts by Pantheis

Nuclear Control IS the Thermometer addon mod now. The Thermometer addon mod got upgraded into the Nuclear Control one. I don't know why you're crashing, mine works fine. You should post in the Nuclear Control thread for support. Please include a pastebin link to your full crash log file so the mod author can help debug what may be happening.

Lots of people use Nuclear control without issues.

Just curious, but is the download source here newer than the one linked from GitHub?
    noticed the versioning is lower on the github linked page.

I'm not sure what you mean by the version linked on github showing a lower version number.. the only thing on github is the source. The compiled versions are only available here. The one in the opening post is not quite the latest. Build 57 posted later in the thread is slightly newer and may become the official release.

Well America is really the only country that matters

Good god, just shut the hell up. As a fellow American, you make me embarrased to be from the same country as you. Your world view needs to expand a bit. We are not the be all, end all country and God's gift to humanity.

ToS aren't law and eula's get thrown out of court all of the time.

This isn't about terms of service or end user licensing agreements. This is about COPYRIGHT LAW, which does not get thrown out of court all of the time. See multiple cases of copyright infringement where end users of music and video products have been SUCCESSFULLY SUED by the RIAA/MPAA for hundreds of thousands of dollars, for copyright infringement. I am not saying that the IC2 dev team is going to go to those lengths, but they would have the legal right. US citizens are subject to US law and foreign entities are able to bring that law to bear on you.

In terms of the Nintendo/GameGenie lawsuit I keep seeing referenced as showing that mods authors have no claims against people using their mods however they want, Mojang has clearly stated that content developed by you, is YOURS, which immediately pulls it out of the realm of that prior lawsuit. It no longer applies.

This is all a bunch of bullshit honestly. Most mod developers are very reasonable in their requests. It's lazy modpack developers that choose not to follow them. The arms race I'm seeing starting is going to destroy the modding community. Both sides need to figure this shit out.

There is a huge difference between code and my stuff in my house: code cannot be stolen, just copied, therefore your analogy fails.

Imagine this: someone comes to your home, likes your decoration and decorates his home in the same way as yours. What are you going to do now? Sue him? Put locks on the door and never let anyone in again? Force people to wear blindfolds inside your home? Or just accept that no one harmed you in any way by using the same interior decoration?

Your argument is not comparing apples to apples. A better example would be if the decorations inside your home were carefully created by you, not available anywhere else and unique, but you were willing to give them away on the condition that a small placard would be displayed with them in the recipients home when they display your work stating where they got it from, only to have exact copies of your work show up on QVC for $19.99 + shipping and handling with no mention of your name anywhere.

I agree with you that copying software should not be considered stealing, but it is copyright infringement. The same thing goes for a mod authors own creations. Their creative work is their own and (at least in the US) automatically has a copyright on it even in the absence of the author stating so. That does give the author certain rights, including the right to control distribution of their work.

Some people, like me, open source their code and allow modpacks with only a small request (https://github.com/pantheis/Ad…rManagement/wiki/Modpacks), but others, such as the IC2 team, have decided on closed source and have their own rules ([NEW] IC² Policy regarding ModPacks / Redistribution). You can argue which is better but that's not really relevant to the discussion at hand. What is relevant is that the IC2 team has the legal right to control who, where, when and how their creative work can be consumed and have clearly stated their licensing terms. You can agree or disagree with them, but you do need to follow them if you want to consume their work.

Decompiling, altering to remove copy protections, recompiling and redistributing their code without permission is against their licensing terms, violates their rights under copyright law, and an argument may even be made that it violates the DMCA (in the US) for bypassing copy protections in the software. The fact that their mod extends Minecraft does not automatically mean they lose control or rights over their creative works.

I personally don't think adding copy protection type code to a Minecraft mod is worth the effort, nor do I understand a lot of the "no modpacks" or some of the strict rules against modpacks that I've seen, and that's why I've licensed my mods how I have. That said, I do respect other authors rights for deciding how their work can be used and distributed, even if I don't agree with them, and will defend their rights to make those decisions.

Rewriting a closed source, copyrighted (and yes, the IC2 team DOES have a copyright on their creative works under US law) code to remove something you don't like really does not put you on the right side of the law.

Just sayin.

There's an issue when using the engines with Thermal Expansion energy conduits. The energy conduits are able to pass up to 500 MJ a tick, but because of how the engines output MJ (in pulses instead of a constant stream), it means that they are limited to about 25MJ output when using energy conduits because they try to output huge packets of more than 500MJ. Anything more is simply not transferred into the energy network.

In a conversation with King Lemming on IRC, the suggestion was made that if the Transformer mod engines outputted MJ in a constant stream instead of infrequent pulses, it would allow much greater output. Is this something you could look into in a future version of Transformers please?

Thanks!

Glad to hear it's working! :) Please don't hesitate to report any other issues you may experience.

One issue that I can report is that I think we broke uncrafting the bench upgrade toolkits at some point. If you make a bench upgrade kit, you're supposed to be able to right-click with it in empty space and receive back the components that went into it. It was working, now it's doing nothing. We're looking into it but our time for coding at the moment is limited.

You are running MineCraft 1.4.6, not 1.4.7, and the version of APM you downloaded is compiled against Forge 6.6.0.497, which is for Minecraft 1.4.7. The exception being thrown states that you are missing a mod required, which would be the correct version of Forge. Either use the official (not beta) release of APM from the opening post (1.1.55) or upgrade your server to Minecraft 1.4.7 and Forge 6.6.0.497 or later.

Oh, a little extra info: I'm running it on MultiMC.

Edit: Daaaamn, finally got it to work, had to put it in the mods folder to make it work. Jeez, must hate being stuffed into the jar.

Why are you stuffing a mods folder mod into the jar? Why? This is just wrong. Mods folder mods in mods, coremods in coremods, only jar mods in the jar.

You could use the storage monitor from Advanced Power Management ([Addon v1.109+] Advanced Power Management V1.1.55-IC2_1.112 [Universal]) to monitor pretty much any EU storage device and have the Storage Monitor configured to output a redstone signal at whatever levels you desire. Pass the redstone signal through a redstone torch to invert it and you've got something that'll be redstone hot above a certain storage value and turn off once it drops below the lower bounds set in the Storage Monitor.

The setup would look like this:

Code
    Storage Monitor ->redstone torch -> redstone...... MFSU -> MV transformer -> LV transformer -> Batbox
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                     ^^^^^
    (with card monitoring batbox)            Set to stop outputting when receiving a redstone signal

Configure the storage monitor with a low of 50% and a high of 90%. While the batbox is above 50% storage, the Storage monitor will not output a redstone signal, meaning the torch will, meaning the MFSU will not output EU. Once the batbox has dropped below 50%, the storage monitor will output a redstone signal, the torch will turn off, the MFSU will stop receiving redstone and start outputting EU. The Storage monitor will continue to emit a redstone signal until the batbox is above 90%, then shut off, turning the redstone torch back on, stopping the MFSU from emitting power.

That's great to hear about it no longer losing charge or eating items. I wonder if the change I did actually fixed it or if it's something else.

Let me know if you do end up downgrading to the 1.1.55 release of APM and if the issue comes back, at least then we'll know the changes I did fixed it. I hope you're able to figure out what may be causing all of the server issues. I'm using 47+ mods on my server, along with Forge 6.6.0 497 and IC2 1.112.192 and things seem to be just fine on mine.

Thank you so much for the crash report! This actually helps.

What I can tell you from the crash report is that the server is crashing due to ComputerCraft Peripheral Cables, something about a RFID tile reader, located at -364,61,393 in your world. Now, a server crash CAN cause chunk data and TileEntity data to not be written out correctly. Have you noticed any OTHER machine blocks losing their state? I'm wondering if something we're doing with our code isn't quite right and is causing our machines to be susceptible to losing data during a server crash.

-edit-
    I've made a couple of changes to the internal structure of the mod based on how I'm seeing other open source mods and the vanilla code behaving that may resolve your issue. Since I can't duplicate this myself, could you please try this test version and let me know if the problem continues? The crashes may continue to happen due to the other mod, that isn't being fixed, but hopefully losing the data for the TileEntity will be resolved.

Let me know!
    --THIS IS A BETA TEST VERSION

Having it lose all of the energy stored and lose the items inside means the tileentity data is being reset somehow. Another user had reported something similar prior to the holiday but has yet to report back if they are still experiencing this issue. I've been completely unable to replicate this problem but I'll continue to look into it until we figure out what could be causing it. If you have a time frame when this issue happened, check over the server log for ANY errors during that time frame and please post them here (via http://paste.ubuntu.com/).

Thanks for the bug report!

Are you using the -170-lf version of the beta 1.112 release of IC2, or something later? I ask because an important energynet bug was fixed in -184-lf. If you're willing, please try updating to the latest beta release (currently 188) and let me know if this fixes the problem or not. (http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/)

This may be some sort of issue with the chunk being unloaded and our tileentitty though, so I will continue to investigate it on my side. I haven't yet been able to duplicate this problem though.