Posts by narc

My short single-player tests have had Shift-clicking working okay, but I didn't really take a lot of time just moving things around and the accelerators were the only thing really happening. If you're still getting some oddity, I can try passing you a debug version that'll spit extra information at you in the console, if you think that might help. Have to wait until tomorrow, though, I'm prepping for sleep at the moment.

Other than that, good to hear you haven't run into any more crashes. Do you have any suggestions on what I should add next? I had the thought that a carpenter filled with liquid UU might be a good alternate method to obtain the assembly table chipsets and gates, but that seems like a very small update to title 0.8, so I should have something else, too.

Well, even if set to true, it won't actually change unless IC2 detects Railcraft. If it does, then the way to go about it is the same as working with the Railcraft boilers: throw steam into one or more turbines, which output up to 50 EU/t each. Do check the railcraft wiki for more details if you want to play that way, there are more details that I haven't gone into (like turbine rotors).

M'kay, Quintine (and any others watching), try v0.7.3, newly released, and tell me if you can still reproduce the shift-click crash.

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by shift-clicking should stick items in the left slot -- current behaviour for me seems to be: shift-click from inventory will choose the UUM slot if you have a UUM chunk or UUM can, and the input slot in all other cases. Shift-clicking from machine to inventory was filling from bottom-right to top-left, and I just changed that to be the opposite. Was this second part what you meant? If so, I agree and made it that way. Other mods' behaviour with this varies, and I think I picked up the original method from vanilla. Of course, ultimately, it doesn't matter, it still won't end up in the right place most of the time :)

Edit: I take that back, I seem to have broken it. Watch this space...

Later edit: You'd think I'd know better by now than to assume a small change is ever equivalent with "no change". Upload up, throw bug reports at me.

Do you maybe have IC2 1.108 with the experimental steam output for nukes turned on? That would prevent them from generating EUs and probably not let them connect to cables.

Check IC2.cfg for "enableSteamReactor", see if it's set to true.

I'll quote part of the main post for you, and you can tell me if we thought of that or not :)

But wait, there's more: if you're a modder and would like your machine to work with the accelerator, take a look at ro.narc.liquiduu.InstantRecipe and .IAcceleratorFriend -- with these two classes you can control everything the accelerator can do with your machine, and even have your machine get notified when an operation is taking place so you can consume whatever resources you may require as part of normal operation! We won't be throwing in those Ginsu knives free of charge, though.

Finally, if you want the source, it's included in the .zip, or you can head over to github and read it there, or send pull requests if you feel like it.

I have this odd feeling that you might just have a slightly corrupted IC2 jar. The fact that I'm running the same version of IC2 perfectly fine (and even managed to build a mod against it) tends to reinforce this feeling. Try redownloading it.

Okay, folks, if you're interested, the OP has been updated with an experimental 1.108 build. This was my first time setting up an MCP+Forge, so I may possibly have made some mistakes that won't show up except in extended use (though a quick 5 minute check seems to show everything where it's supposed to be). Go bug test the living crap out of it.

^ Sounds like I should try a 1.4.2 compile, then.

If anyone has versions 0.7 or 0.7.1, you will want to update to 0.7.2 as I found some crash bugs in the accelerator code during recent testing. No notable content changes, just bug fixes.

Later edit: Ugh, it's days like these... apparently 0.7.2 has a texture bug somewhere. Which is particularly interesting as I haven't made any changes related to textures. Well, if anyone's watching this space, hold on tight, I'll have a bug fix sooner or later.

Later later edit: There we go, 0.7.2b has the textures in the right place. It was a minor bug in the packaging system.

[...]which version [of LWJGL] does minecraft use? any idea?

I wanna say I downgraded back to 2.4.2? Maybe? I had an ugly issue with 2.8.5 where it was letting go of my shift key as soon as I clicked, which makes sneaking almost, but not quite entirely completely impossible.

[...]i was been studying (bad english...) Java for 1 1/2 years and it seem'd to be easy. its totally not^^ x.x

I've yet to study Java at all and I'm making a Minecraft mod... Still completely agree it's not easy.

All right, folks, we have a working accelerator (and a new version of the mod for you to download)! As mentioned in the OP, the texture is purely temporary and there will be an honest-to-goodness model later on (made by FunnyMan3595, in fact). Boring texture notwithstanding, grab it, play with it, and most importantly break it and tell me what broke so I can fix it.

I am quite literally incapable of doing so right now, and I'm not likely to have time to invest in figuring it out -- there were some *major* changes in Forge around MC 1.2.5. Relatedly, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to spend time on something that's going away soonish.

However, source is freely available, so if you can convince someone else (who already knows how Forge for 1.2.5 works) to try it, you have my blessing.

Well, the (IC2) painters themselves already should refill automatically from inventory (I do seem to recall that being in a change log a few versions back), so just using the toolbox, you'd basically have that already.

So I thought you all might enjoy a preview of the almost fully-working Accelerator (click the pic for the complete original screenshot):

Semi-hidden in the screenshot is the crafting recipe to make one (it also works if rotated 90 or 270 degrees, or flipped horizontally in all cases thanks to Minecraft magic).

Things to note that aren't ready yet: it doesn't talk to Buildcraft pipes (either waterproof or transport, though transport pipes do kind of work... poorly), it has an internal "tank" of 1024 millibuckets that regenerates whenever the entity is unloaded and reloaded, it doesn't display the value of the tank, and it doesn't consume UU chunks or cans to refill that internal tank.

Things to note that *are* ready: it consumes UU out of its internal storage, it detects any TileEntityElectricMachine and scales operation cost to fit (recycler is explicitly blacklisted, though), it has an API so other mods can allow their machines to be plugged in, and it responds to the IC2 wrench to turn its face to a different direction.

That texture? It's very temporary, as the plan is to give it a custom model based on the Hopper (it's based around one, after all). I may want help texturing it when the model is finalized, though.