Posts by Xizzzy

With time I simply haven't measured it and I'd probably be a bad case to judge by as my game is often laggy. For gains though it varies but I think there is probably a threshhold for how many will drop based on its level. For instance a level 1 will never drop 5 or something of X plant but a level 31 could even drop 10. Nether wart particularly can drop high numbers. That said, nether wart is also an arse about giving up seed bags even at 31 resist.

Even if nutrition and hydration do affect drops and gains it doesn't mean I want them to be at 100% constantly. I don't ideally always want to harvest the plant so what the current setup means is I need to figure out precisely how much fert and hydration cells I need to grow them fully and even then I never know when the plant's hydration and nutrition levels at even at 100% we have no means of knowing that just the assurance from the cropmatron as it throws resources out.

Perhaps modes?

Harvest Mode: maintains 100% of everything until you shut that mode off and shows you somehow on the box when its ideal harvest conditions.
    Fully Grown mode: only supplies resources until the plant is fully grown and then focuses on other growing plants.

as examples

So, what you're saying is a fullgrown plant that hasn't been harvested should need hydration and fertilizer endlessly and we need to babysit the cropmatron to make sure its not using up our supply of fert and cells? Also, when a cropmatron is supplying nothing to no plants but is hooked up to a batbox it just drains them anyway. I'd think the cropmatron would help a plant grow to full and then stop pumping things into it and when that spot became harvested or planted it would say aha! a new plant and give it supply from its storage etc. Unless, gains and seed drops are affected by current store of hydration and nutrients I don't see the point of endlessly pumping its storage into everything.

I decided to leave my cropmatron and booze barrels going for a few hours and then come back and do some gardening. What do I find when I come back? My matrons both of them are completely empty. 6 stacks of fert 6 hydration cells all gone. Note: I had not changed anything to the crops before going afk. Now, I put it to you. If we have things like booze barrels which need vast amounts of time to ferment and cropmatrons which just keep pumping resources into plants that are fully grown. Is this massively wasteful?

Oh is that what that is. *throws every can of weed-ex at a creeper* There was only one can in the cropmatron as well. Won't be using that stuff anymore as its very counterproductive. Add to that it doesn't even prevent weeds on the cross sticks and you've got a fairly useless product on your hands I'm afraid. Ah well, sooner or later I'll get the rose back but at least I know what not to do ¬_¬

EDIT: on further reflection I automatically ruined my crops xD

Today I finally managed to get my 4th perfect plant a rose to 31 - 31 - 31 and thought I'd do the usual break it and replant and hope for doubles to sort of clone and use snippits and generate new perfect roses of the result I strived for only to find stats degenerating from plants I already knew the stats for. The conditions for when I got them to perfection were still just as they always had been. I am hoping this is some kind of horrible bug.

i registered just to say thanks for that blueprint xizzy it is very easy to keep an overview of the plants this way im having a lot of fun trying this part of ic2 out not at your stage yet but working on ferru :D

My pleasure, I'm glad it helped you out and good luck with your results ^^

tryed your setup you just showed me WHY DOESNT IT WORK im only getting 0,0,0 even though ive done everything that you expalined here!
    ARGGHH Y DONT I HAZ GREN FUMB ARRRRRGGGGHH!!!

I don't seem able to help you here msg me either in IRC or one of my messengers and I'll see if I can figure out why you're not having any luck whatsoever.

If any kind of automated farming had to be enabled, i say Left Click behavior only (So you force the player to replant their crops). Deweeding cropstick its something that hardly happens and should remain as a player interaction only.

Weeding cropsticks becomes a major problem beyond growth level 24 I can very easily burn a stack of cropsticks in this way. You literally can't walk away from the crops at that point and growing them with any dirt around them at all produces tall grass which then (I think) ruins air quality around the plants. I'm looking forward to being able to use the new machine that deals with this very much as a result.

- Swamp Biome
    - one click of Fert and Hydration per plant ever unless its taking longer than usual
    - Never accept negative gains

1-1-1 + 1-1-1 = 1-0-2 = negative throw it away
    1-1-1 + 1-1-1 = 1-2-1 = positive cross with another 1-1-1 or keep re-growing the 1-2-1 until you get a 2nd one and cross with its original

This is the pattern I use to plant things.

Congrats, glad to hear you got the stat gain issue sorted. I won't get to play with the new crops until the 1.2.5 version comes out though sadly. I'm looking forward to those.

One question does it need something special like Ferru and Aurelia or what because I have a wheat looking plant in my Ferru that refuses to grow.

I got my first redwheat in the image on the first page between 2 Aurelia but a good remedy for plants that refuse to grow is to give them a little kick in the arse with a fertilizer and hydration this usually solves the issue if you've given it plenty of time to do its thing and it hasn't. This maneuver is risky in some cases because if you overdo nutrients the plant will just vanish in my experience so do this sparingly in most cases just waiting is good enough. Also Light levels between 5 - 10 are important and I tend to use between 8 - 9 as a nice zone to grow the plant in its not important to grow it in this specific level of light that I know of I just like it because it doesn't murder my other plants with lack of light so much. To find the light level you can use Risu's sign tags or some other light sensor kind of thing which I wish there was a meter like the EU meter for IC² but I digress.

well as i heard biomes dont have any effect on crops but may that info isnt right.

The official Q & A disagrees with you good sir I highly suggest you give it a read its very useful information ;3

Also growing crops in the swamp is best so that also may help you out. I originally started growing my stuff in the desert which was border to a swamp now all my stuff is located on swamp side and is doing quite well.

Its mostly just selective breeding but I'll describe how I select a bit and see if that helps at all. If say I want to get a really good cocoa and all of my current cocoa are very low I'll either breed between them and wait for increases then take previous plants away introducing the new stronger versions in their place and continue gaining never accepting a loss in stat. I also sometimes use a different plant than the cocoa which already has strong stats to boost a new type higher initially. So, I may have a really healthy stickreed which I'll cross with a cocoa and get its boost in stats to a cocoa if I'm lucky then continue between strong cocoa plants. Another way is to breed one strong plant of a type and then continually break that plant and replant it hoping for extra seeds which can then be interbreed with itself as a perfect pairing (usually) I'd be happy to discuss this further or answer questions if you've got them msg me on AIM, YIM, or even IRC I'm in the channel and have been for a while. Hope this helps ^^

I had a stickreed hit Growth Level 24 today and then the minigame began....... Grass began spontaneously growing around the plant which had no weeds anywhere near it. Not continuously of course but enough so I did not feel comfortable leaving it alone. Even a G24 plant I had in the redwheat area with controlled lighting was going amuck like this and took out 2 of my best plants. I think Level 24 of the stats is a major change in their behavior though I've only seen it for growth as of yet.