Posts by Tomcat

a macerator version of the IndF would be very much liked. maybe only one slot but has the same "speeds up" mechanic as the IndF that way a 2-1 ratio of "v2 macerators" would balance out. at the moment ONE preheated Indf uses the output of around 20 macerators to keep up

could you add a way to simulate running a reactor on a "duty cycle" (aka 100 ticks on 50 ticks off repeating). also a way to autopause at a set number of ticks (or make the next tick button be multiplied by the runspeed) this would help with making my MK3B-DCE (duty cycle eternal). Im guessing water/ice/lava are already in the pipeline?

Personally i just use a duty cycle timer

left timer is cooldown time (wire on)
    right timer is Run time (wire off)

bottom wire is output, right wire is to cutoff lever for maint
    (bottom and right wire have a OR gate before reactor to make reactor turn off too)

the ratio between the 2 times is your duty ratio (2:1 on:off in my case)
    do some math to workout your ON heatgain, then divide that by the cooldown heat loss and get your duty ratio to get desired total heat gain (0.15/sec for my setup) it reduces longterm power output and increases total uranium runtime ofc. you can use a much more complicated setup to get a reactor from 0heat to at just over 6000 and then keep it there for a full cycle if you wire 2-3 duty timers in a chain with differing lengths takes a bit of math and some spreadsheeting but its not that bad. then again im a eve player so im desensitised to that kinda thing...

SO, personally I see no need for a heat redstone output. A heat number on the panel (like MFE) where you put the components in would be nice instead of guesstimating from fire/smoke/damage on HDs and thats all it needs.