Posts by Tomcat

also: here have a bucket full of cockroaches the integer overflow bug on the cooling cells is even more reason to switch to NBT

If you log out with a hot cooling cell (right after crafting for example there is a integer overflow (looks like one to me anyway) when you log back in on the item
    2 cell can craft together to 1 with the shapeless tool repair recipe.

edit: the integer overflow bug happens in reactors and chests too, not just player inventory

Hey fenrir could you use NPT for heat data on the cooling cells this would also allow you to just use 10000 damage on the items for a smoother scale. also this would allow logistics pipes to differentiate between the different heat levels. ATM it just pulls items with damage difference either way id like to be able to pull out full ones (or cooled ones in the case of cooling reactors)

really loving the cooling cells, they made my eff7 3min run 1min cool micro-cycle MK5; into a 35min run 10min cool MK3,

personally i don't mind the slight nerf to the capacities, its the auto-self-heat-transfer that makes them godlike anyway

also cooling not colling ;3

an idea: extra-thick neutron reflectors, 8 thick reflectors around a containment reactor plate ( that costs 1 copper plate and 3 advanced alloys)

lasts 8x as long as a thick reflector, (more cost total for less hassle changing)

connect the reactor to a iron tank (larger the better) it will dump ALL its steam into one by just 1 face connected to 1 valve block, you can then pump out the steam using autarchic + gold pipes or valve pipes + industrial steam pipes (denpipes addon to BC)

this also allows you to run a high end microcycle, fill up the tank at like 4000 steam / tick for as long as the reactor wont overheat or the tank gets full and while the reactor cools down your turbines work thru the massive burst of steam that got dumped into the tank, if you balance it right just as the reactor hits 0 heat you're almostt out of steam ready for another huge burst

easy EFF7 without Lapis or coolling cell exchange.

another random idea: making carbon plates IRL requires mesh AND some form of epoxy or plastic resin, in your "make everything a littlel(lot) harder. i suggest that making a raw mesh to require 2 raw fibres and 1 resin. ( or 3 rubber). probably keep it shapeless,

Voted Yes, keep most,

i would say maybe a 10% loss on the act of removal,

using the same stacking mechanics of RE batterys (2 item IDs one for uncharged one for variable charge)

if its found the power transport to be a balance issue you could also debuff players carrying MFE/MFSU (like chest transporters mod does) maybe a 30% slow and hunger debuff, maybe even a jump debuff.

as phrost said earler.

"sulphur as fertilizer" = calcium sulphate.

its more of a soil conditioner but whatever. minecraft logic

if you want more info on sulphur as a plant fertilizer heres some info,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfur_assimilation

its wikipedia so not 100% accurate but enough to get a good gist.
    personally i would go for N-P-K-S in a 1-1-1-1 ratio, the potassium and nitrogen are in the saltpeter, sulphur as-is, not sure where phosphorus would come from though, glowstone maybe?

RISE THREAD RISE INTO LIFE AGAIN.

seriously sorry for the necropost but i bring GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. after asking f4113nb34st to fix this "useless hunk of a block" there is now a solution to the "crap magnetizer problem"
    follow the link for a fix to the magnetizer that allows it to have a much longer pole at increased eu/t

its coded up for for 1.108

http://f4113n.x10.mx/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21

all thanks to f4113nb34st

hey greg while you're fixing everything IC2 and on a "coding binge" any chance of making the magnetizer worth using? either by increasing its limit from 20, or making it work on a pole from the side, (both would be great) a power usage modifier based on length wouldn't go amiss either (nerf/buff depending on length) especially as every other elevator mod is currently out of date with not much chance of getting updated. ( I really miss dynamic elevators )

disregard this, fallenbeast took up the mantle after i proposed it to him on his forum

hey greg while you're fixing everything IC2 and on a "coding binge" any chance of making the magnetizer worth using? either by increasing its limit from 20, or making it work on a pole from the side, (both would be great) a power usage modifier based on length wouldn't go amiss either (nerf/buff depending on length) especially as every other elevator mod is currently out of date with not much chance of getting updated. ( I really miss dynamic elevators )

Playing on my FTB server (latest modpack with the 1.0.1 launcher) I've seem to come across a bug.
    Putting Bauxite Dust in an IndustrialCentrifuge causes the 4 arrows to instantly turn white (fill up completely), and the recipe never takes place.

thats is "normal" its a gui bug that i have come across many a time on my personal server, dont worry the bauxite is still processing it just takes bleedin AGES to do so (about 40mins). and it takes 250000 EU at 5eu/tic over those 40 mins. i think the "white arrow" bug is partly due to the long duration of the cycle

CrafterofMany you managed to failquote AND not be helpful. congrats

for luminators you are going to want CF covered fibre cable and a few batboxes above, this negates almost all cable based losses, or to "state the bleedin obvious" you could just use glowstone, power free and same amount of light.

On another note, I have another question about the Miner block. Once the piping goes as far down as it can go, how do I bring the piping back up? Say, it mines all the orens within its vicinity and I place new ones around, but it can't mine the newly placed ones because the piping machine reached all the way down. Only way I can get it to mine those new ones again is if I destroy the pipes one by one all the way from below and restart the machine with new pipes.

once its fully mined out, take out any spare mining pipe, and place in some cobblestone or dirt into the pipe slot, make sure it still has some juice and it will pull up its pipe replacing with with the cobble/dirt the pipes blocks will go into the chest nearby

greg would you be able to add a option for ore biome spawning into the config file?

ect:

Rubyorebiomes=2,17,

this would allow us to put the ores where we want them, this would also adds default compatibility with relatively little work for people playing with any of the many extra biomes mods if they take the time to add the biome IDs to the config by hand

thanks for the info, i knew it would be low priority since we already have access to them ingame

also: I think the IC devteam could use a lesson in update schedule from yourself. they are getting quite slow these days especially for bugfixing. I'm guessing that's due to IRL constraints, fair enough, but they could do with "recruiting" more decent addon creators to the core coding team like al did with Richard. the concept of "too many chefs" be damned