Posts by thepowdertoy

thepowdertoy: Finally, after several weeks of silence, I have do a ship rebuild with 50% more power and looks like the battlecruiser from sc2! Alright AI, what is our next target?

AI: We will attack the spambot forward base
    *a huge thing comes out from screen*

Creeper: That.. That is huge!

Enderman: Like 3 moons connected together!

thepowdertoy: Any intel?

AI: Our first scouting ship was destroyed because of the presence of slipspace destroying field that destroyed our ship, maybe reverse-engineered from GregTech. Our second attempt sending the ship from far detected the same field burn through any conventional armor, destroying external antenna, so it switches to internal antenna inside the force field, which nevertheless took a great hit. Even if we survived, there is a lot of external turrets and missile launcher and lasers that destroy our second scout ship.

thepowdertoy: Is it hackable? Can it move?

AI: The data retrieved from the captured spambot ship revealed that this forward base have 4 rings of security, with ring 0 controlled the powerplant and the thruster and spambot creating facility, and ring 3 controlled the not important system.

thepowdertoy: Any idea how do we get there?

AI: First, we mount this spambot ship to our battlecruiser, get to the slipspace, get out from the slipspace 1000 km from the slipspace destroying field boundary, orbit this battlecruiser around the base, eject this spambot ship, transmit distress message, and insert the battlecruiser back into slipspace, and it will automatically get back in 3 days, giving us enough time to infiltrate the base, hack it so it will come to our control or destroy it. And yes, it can move.

thepowdertoy: What happens theoretically if this hits Minecraftia?

AI: End of world.

thepowdertoy: Ok that is the plan! Now everyone go to the battlecruiser to start the first stage of the plan!

That is the nice hydrogen cooled turbine hall!! If only IC2 have this 3 stage expansion efficient turbine rather than RC 1 stage expansion inefficient turbine, with constant replacement of bearings instead of full turbine shaft and constant replenishment of hydrogen.. Oh heck, make this water cooled hydrogen hybrid that will explode when this generator is not cooled! About the size of 4x4x4 TNT maybe? And the bearing can be upgraded from normal ball bearing into HAYOish superconducting magnetic bearing that will not wear and generate 2% more EU, but it would consume hydrogen like crazy

And along the side of RTG, I think we should have a handheld RTG that will recharge every electric item including armor in inventory, but very slow and get slower as more electric item is being charged

Ye, that's nice idea, and i have some additional idea for it too.

There should be Beam Directing Device (BDD) You link it to the machine (Right click it) And you can manually direct the laser (Laser will be directed at point on which player is looking). This will be usefull if you want to mine diagonal, mining will look better, otherwise you'll have Horizontal and vertical "Tunnels"

That make me remember about a starcraft 2 mission where you are given a control of a laser drill and the mission is to destroy a building, however it can be turned around and kill protoss and stuff. This mining bore is the perfect defensive weapon anyway, but to balance it (probably) this need GregT computer cube

thepowdertoy: Everyone hold on to something!

Enderman: I thought you want to drive this to the chaos form...

thepowdertoy: Nah, that will be a waste of a good reactor

AI: Too many spambots teleporting in! We need to get out from here fast!

thepowdertoy: I'm doing it now
    *press a button*
    *the ship started to move forward*
    Announcer: Warning reactor will cease to self-sustain at T-60 seconds

thepowdertoy: Plot a dimensional slingshot around dimension 570 to current Minecraftia dimension. Oh and send the coordinate of the Minecraftia to... oh wait, its insecure line, we don't want to compromise it

AI: Another dimensional slingshot? Initiating slipspace injection at 5..4..3..2..1.. Entering slipspace... Hang on we got a power drop
    *alarms ringing*
    *runs toward the fusion reactor*
    thepowdertoy: We need to start up the auxiliary fusion reactor and hope it will take up the load from the primary Citadel reactor... Now!
    *start the reactor*

AI: Entering dimensional junction point... Initiating dimensional slingshot in 5..4..3..2..1.. On board towards new Minecraftia universe!
    *alarm rings again*
    Creeper: Detecting spambot ship inbound!
    *external turret destroy it*
    thepowdertoy: problem solved

*teleport to the nearest teleporter*

thepowdertoy: Go go go!
    *enters the reactor control room at spambot ship*

Creeper: Now what?

AI: Detecting transmission

Fire the anti-matter bombs! The black hole has be removed. The black hole has caused 2 other stars to shift towards the minecraftian solar system. In this, the sun will eat the stars and grow 100,000 times larger than its regular size, doing so will make the sun unstable and collapse into a supermassive black hole, again causing gamma ray bursts. The minecraftian solar system will be destroyed,and the minecraft galaxy will be shifted. All nearby solar systems will be sucked into the black hole, even the one minecraftia is in. You have 5 months to do something about it. That is all. *to remind you, destroying the stars will cause even worse things to happen*

-The scientist (Barer of bad news)

thepowdertoy: Great. First GRB, then chaos lifeform, than this. So sad. Alright defend the door while I set up and power up the A.L.B.L.A.K.A cannons. Anyway what is the bad thing about destroying both stars?
    *climb below the reactor*
    *switch the A.L.B.L.A.K.A cannons on*

thepowdertoy: Alright cannons are preheated. Lets go to the reactor control console and activate the cannons
    *flips a switch*
    *alarms ringing*

thepowdertoy: We need to eject this ship and manually drive this to the chaos lifeform and detonate this

thepowdertoy: Sinnaj, I think I can repair this mess

Sinnaj: How?

AI: Gained access to low level dimension controller.... Initiating integrity check... Repairing integrity check
    *the door magically repairs itself*
    thepowdertoy: And Sinnaj, please tell your combine friend that I'm using the advanced Citadel reactor that can provide more power than the original, and now I know how to do dimensional slingshot safely, thanks to the human army at the Half-Life 2. Bye... I have a planet to save

Sinnaj: But I already teleported the planet!

thepowdertoy: Whatever... Anyway when we are talking here there are several mentions about chaos form and planet destruction whatever... I think I need to investigate it
    *Leave steam and back to Minecraftia dimension*
    thepowdertoy: Where are we?

AI: Something powerful must have distorted the primary slipspace navigation controller..... That powerful thing can disturb dimension
    *Alarms ring"
    AI: Detecting powerful lifeform behind us! It sucking us

thepowdertoy: Black hole?

AI: No, its the chaos monster!!!

thepowdertoy: Creeper and enderman please go to the weapon control system and launch all ICBM to behind us! I need some time

AI: What do you want to do?

thepowdertoy: The Citadel reactor has an manual control panel that can start up 3 A.L.B.L.A.K.A cannon that are aimed to the core. If I can activate it, we can escape this black hole

AI: Detecting spambot teleporting into this ship! Activating internal defense grid!

AI: Received an transmission

thepowdertoy: What is it?

AI: It says about something to save Minecraftia

thepowdertoy: Yay!!!!!

Creeper: Now we can save our homeland!

thepowdertoy: But first I need to visit my friend first in another dimension

AI: Detecting another dimension blocking in the way, identified as Steam. Plotting dimensional slingshot to target, initiating in 5...4...3...2...1, detecting redirect as steam://rungameid/570, initiating external black hole stabilizer, pulling out target dimension information, hang on

thepowdertoy: Why?

AI: They are performing security check on us, probably to identify us as not a spambot

thepowdertoy: Hopefully this will hold, because there are a lot of spambots following us right... now
    *spambots start shooting to the ship*

AI: Entering intermediate dimension now!
    *enters a weird dimension*
    AI: Pulling target dimension info now..... Target info: Name:

thepowdertoy: Alright lets we go to that dimension and go out as soon as possible, we have a planet to save

*received transmission from CrafterofMany*

thepowdertoy: I wonder if we can create a giant MFFS shield to protect Minecraftia..... It just sad to see out homeworld to be destroyed by a random GRB... or not? Could it be caused by spambots firing a powerful weapon to the star, overloading it? AI, what is the Citadel reactor status?

AI: Dark energy buildup at 20%, 50 minutes remaining. NOOOOO!!!! There is a lot of spambots coming here!

thepowdertoy: Can you divert all power to the Citadel reactor?

AI: This building external turret cannot fire then.

*an enderman teleports here*

Enderman: Here is an enderrifle for you

thepowdertoy: Stay here please we under attack. We need to defend this base until the Citadel reactor achieved ignition

Enderman: If not?

thepowdertoy: Then the Minecraftia that we know it, will be destroyed. Gone.

Enderman: Why?

thepowdertoy: CrafterofMany reported that a nearby start got supernova and the gamma ray burst just happened to go this way.

AI: And how do we solve this?

thepowdertoy: We can theoretically move this planet, but it will lead this planet to a chaotic trajectory that I cannot control. We can also shield this planet using MFFS, but it will take too many MFFS block and we doesn't have enough time. Or we can create a extremely big superportal and move this planet to a nearby solar system, but it will take too many energy that I don't think my Citadel reactor could power it.
    *suddenly a creeper came*
    thepowdertoy: No creeper, please don't explode in front of me

Creeper: I overheard your conversation about this planet will explode. Can I go with you?

thepowdertoy: You can, but please don't explode in my ship. AI, what is our reactor status?

AI: 90% powered
    *alarms ringing all over the base*
    AI: Spambots detected all over the base

thepowdertoy: Power up auxiliary thrusters and go out from this base now!
    *ship went upward*
    AI: Citadel reactor is operational now
    *already in the orbit*
    thepowdertoy: Its really really really hard to say this, but gg everyone. Our home planet will be destroyed, gg everyone
    *crys*
    *enters slipspace*

Alright, this thread changes from someone suggesting salt, which is good if they implemented chemical engineering, either by vanilla IC2 or addons( there is a lot of chemical uses for salt, it just I don't yet find something that is for minecraft) to everyone raging. Imagine a water activated bomb that is created by TNT and sodium... But getting it from water is better than getting it from ore

Offtopic: Redpower is a one giant monolithic mod unlike IC2 or BC that have so many addons, or UE that cannot function without addons at all. For ICBM, its already inside the technic launcher, inside the Voltz pack. I think it will be better if FTB UE pack have the same item id with the Voltz pack...

Ontopic: Well, usually my mining route is iron pickaxe, and when I hit my first diamond, diamond drill, then a turtle, then a quarry, then a frame quarry with tunnel bore. And I miss that EE2 divining rod, which is much better for diamond finding compared to IC2 scanners... although maybe TC3 pickaxe can replace that, maybe

Finally after playing this game, I have just one comment: Please add melee weapon, because if somehow you run out of ammo, you are screwed

Seems extremely cool! :)

Unfortunately I cannot donate to this game with the same reason I cannot directly buy legit Minecraft, but if this game is released, I will definitely buy it!

Do you want to release this game on Steam? You can use $100 to get this game to the Steam Greenlight, and then if this game is on Steam, then there is Steam Workshop that is good for mods! Although I didn't really understand the Steam requirements, as that requirements seems to spook Notch out of releasing Minecraft on Steam...

Off-topic