I was messing around with the advanced miner earlier, once you hook up the power supply, put either an OV or OD Scanner in the top left slot. Activate the miner with RS (I used a lever right on the miner itself) and watch it go. Playing around with the modes, on white list it just picks up everything it can within the scanners range unless you have a block specified which it scans in a linear pattern picking up only that block. Couldn't get it to work with multiple ores however. Black list I wasn't really able to get to work, so not really sure on that one. Hope that helps. Oh and no need for a drill or piping, uses a built in teleporter/wizard....
So far so good.
Advanced Miner will be my faforit in the future.
After a little test, here my coments.
1. Without any blacklist / whitelist, the adv. miner act like a quarry.
2. to use it correct in a form of the normal miner (but without the mass of any block that must break to reach the block to mine) simply place dirt, cobblestone, sand and any block or drop of a block that you won't have in the blacklist.
3. Breaking a block costs ??EU and only one block is scanned or breaked in one second. In order to operate faster you can use overclockers (max. 4 seams to be good and ballanced)
4. The adcanced miner works in a range of 16 around the mine with an ov-scanner. Thats a range of 33x33 blocks, and thats a bit more than 13 normal miners will do.
5. Like the tooltip say, it will only accept up to 128EU/t but it has 4M EU capacity. So the best way to charge the miner will be an advanced lappack. That prevent a high loose of capacity on breaking / wrenching the block.
Hope this will help.