Posts by silentdeth

I don't need a screenshot of it actually running, just a picture of the setup you are referring to. I don't see anything called an "energy link" in the mod you mentioned. If it is something that transmits BC energy, well the petrochemical generator is a valid destination for that, and it would, and should transmit power to the generator. If this is an issue in your current setup, the petrochemical generator does turn off when provided with a redstone signal.

Changes:

• Fix the EU consumption of the Large Electric Engine. It has been reprimanded, and all profits confiscated. (It was selling the extra energy to the zombies so they could Tivo Walking Dead") Any increase in angry zombies is, of course, completely unrelated.
    • Fixed CTD bug when placing an engine next to a pump.
    • Some changes to the petrochemical generator, feedback requested:

• Fixed the flickering issue.
      • Added new GUI element: when running off of conductive pipes the liquid gauge switches to a pressure (BC energy) gauge showing the stored pressure.
      • Added some work arounds for BC energy pipes, now the generator consumes the correct amount of BC energy and no more.

The generator is using BC energy, it does not take anything from the refinery, providing fuel to the generator changes this because it only uses 1 energy source at a time.

I discovered something interesting - using PowerCrystals' Power Converters add-on and I put a petrochemical generator on top of my Energy Link - which was adjacent to the refinery. It appears to have taken fuel (or perhaps oil) directly from the refinery itself to fill its power gauge. The refinery and generator are not touching in any way (aside from both touching the energy link) and it's not next to a pipe.

Screenshots.

you should put the option to deactivate certain parts of your mod in the config file.

such as?

Yes, I know how to upscale and resize images to match the intended resolution. Zeldo seems to think it's got something to do with the BC code itself, and not his mod - which may or may not be the case, but I would think it would be an issue that affects everyone universally in that case. I'll keep trying different things in the meantime, I guess.

it might be the HD texture pack overriding the way he implements his texture, if he is using a separate file.

Last night I set up an iron engine burning magma powering one of your generators.At first I had them connected by 1 wooden and 2 golden pipes but I was only getting .8 EU/t but when I put the engine against the generator it produced 5 EU/t.Is the power supposed to drop off like that in pipes?

Having a hard time following that sentence. The iron engine was producing .8 EU/t? Either way, there is a rounding error in BC energy pipes.

Yeah, somehow I put them in the wrong place - I figured it out this morning.

I'm STILL having an issue with Zeldo's redstone pipes - not sure why they are invisible to me, I'm apparently not the only one with the issue. I know it's not related to this mod, of course, but has anyone had that problem... and found a fix? It's not because of Optifine, I don't use that.

are they the same resolution as the HD texture pack you are using?

OK, even that didn't work! This tells me it's looking somewhere else for the item textures - but I'm just a texture guy, not a coder - so I don't know how to "talk to" your mod and see where it's looking.
    From the texture sheet in your mod, it looks as if they should be on row 13, columns 1-3. All I can think of is that some other texture sheet elsewhere in my BC mods is overriding the main one and this - in which case I have a lot of pasting to do...
    [EDIT: Checked every mod folder that loads and replaced every block_textures and block_textures override with the file that has the image... still no luck. Even took out the bucket filler mod because it uses a file with the same name but its own proprietary textures which do not correspond to the normal sheet. No luck. Guess I'm going to have to accept an ugly purple oil mat if I want to use it... :( ]

Might wanna count again there, its the 12th row.

Now, with the next update it doesn't matter anymore. Recycling will be degraded to a fun randomness-thing or Mass-Fuel.
    But you won't get enough valuable stuff to actually make it a serious productive business :O

I think, what you should do is assign blocks/items some kind of density factory, 0.01 to 1, and apply that to the random check. For instance, obsidian would have a density factor of 1, and a fairly high chance of producing scrap, say 50%, but a cake, or a stick would be very low, less than 0.10, having a low chance of producing scrap.

That's exactly what I mean. When I used the default BC textures it was the typical expected white block. Now it seems it's looking somewhere that isn't textured.
    Comparing the HD sheet to the default, I don't see any difference - each block is represented on both, there are no missing spots.

[EDIT: I see where it is... you've got the texture in a new place on your sheet! I'll add it and I think all should be OK.]
    [EDIT2: Nope, that didn't seem to work... maybe I'm modifying the wrong sheet?]

What you would have to do is take the oil materilizer textures and resize them to the size of the HD textures then copy them into the HD texture image, in the same row and column they are in, in my mods texture file. I think that will work, it's really not a supported feature while it's just a placeholder texture.

3x more coolant compared to a fuel burning combustion engine.

It uses more EU.

Yes it is for batteries, currently you can only use Tier 1 batteries (RE and such). I have to ask the IC2 team what their stance is on using crystals in machines. The code supports it but none of their machines use the crystals directly; you have to have a MFE or MFSU.

For some reason, I'm not seeing a texture for the oil materializer - it's coming up that purple color that means it's looking on a tile that doesn't have a texture assigned. I don't know if it's because I'm using HD textures or what.

The texture for the oil materializer is contained in my version of the BC block texture, the only things I can think of that would cause that is if the mod isn't installed correctly, if the zip file has been renamed so that it loads after BC, or if the image file has somehow gotten corrupted and isn't loading. Unless you mean you are using HD BC textures, that might cause it.

Just an update for everyone regarding 1.0/ BC 3.0.x. SpaceToad has stated that he will not be updating to MC 1.0 for at least two weeks. Thus, I cannot update since I require some of his classes and his API to use my mod. I can, if fact, not even start work on updating until after he has done so. I will not be updating to BC 3.0.x prior to the 1.0 update, it is simply too bugy to work with in its current state. As you have no doubt guessed from the poll, I do intend to update to 3.0.x eventually and add some more crossover features to help... well... crossover.

I sure many of you are not happy with this, I am not particularly pleased myself, but it is out of my hands.

I can still work on fixing bug though, so keep the detailed bug reports coming. And try to be aware of bugs in the parent mods when post bugs related to this mod, such as the rounding error in BC energy pipes.

I think i found a bug for you in my set up i was taking power from my solar flower and was going to use buildcraft to teleport the power to my base (I have zeldos teleport pipes) and was using 24 eu/t from the solar flower and after using the petrolchemical generator i was getting 37 eu/t so i set this up and i now have unlimited power as it makes more then it consumes i have pics of the power going up if you want them. O and the thing making water is from the bucket filler mod for buildcraft it makes infinite water with energy.

Rounding error in BC pipes, he said it is fixed in 3.0.0, but I have not yet tested it.

@Both the miner can and does mine RP 2 ore with the ore dictionary. Also, 1 pic is with RP2 ore the other is IC2 ore.

Comp highlights are intel i7-2700, 16 GB ram, and a radeon HD 6970. I have minecraft set to use 4 GB of ram and don't notice any problems with this texture pack.

The miner seems to be skipping ores as shown here:

and here:

The ore is clearly within the 9x9 area centered on the pipe. In both cases is looks like it mined part of the deposit but skipped what is in the image.

And I am using the correct scanner:

It's not much - but it's still 75% more! And I'm carrying the batpack anyhow. As it currently stands, I save the laser for taking ores down from the ceiling and the like - aside from that I stick to the diamond drill.

I just carry a MFSU and a few crystals with me, drop the MFSU, put in crystal and laser, when charged used the crystal to take out an excess energy and pick the MFSU back up. 1M EU is a lot of mining.

The Petrochemicalgenerator is overpowered you get more the 600 kEU from ONE bucket of BC fuel.
    If you use Generator + Iron engine you are able to get more than 100 kEU from one bucket of lava.

See BC forums, the value the iron engine uses for lava is currently incorrect, by a large margin. If it were working correctly, you would get less energy than from a geothermal generator.

The conversions are based on the parent mods energy, they are not abstract, nor something I made up. If you think fuel is OP, you might want to calculate how much EU it takes to make a bucket of fuel first.