Posts by DZCreeper

I have busy creating a mod that adds a number of functions that will eventually have IC2 integration, I am starting by allowing the metals to be macerated into dust and then smelted. I found that the following code should for example allow Tungsten to be grinded down to dust, however, I don't know if thats correct, or how to control how much dust is outputted. I want macerating the ingot to only give 1 dust to keep it exploit free. Also, the rest of my mod currently uses ModLoader. Will that be fine? I want to port it to Forge, but its a time consuming process that I hope I don't need to do.

addMaceratorRecipe (ItemStack input, ItemStack output)

In a currently unadded part of the mod, is it possible to have certain armor or items allow you to take no damage from tesla coils or lightning?

Thumbs up for lazers, they can never be bad things. The teleport cable seems a little op. I think perhaps there could be some pathfinding logic that finds what the minimum number of cables to reach from 1 end of the teleport cable to the other would be. Then, using the EU loss of EV cable, it would automatically lose that much eu. I don't actually know what the loss would be. This turns into a ease of use thing. An even better balence idea would be as follows. Once the pathfinding algorithim is done calculating, you have to open the GUI and it tells you how many EV cables you have to put in. Up to a maximum of 9 stacks of cable, to prevent super long range, screw lapatrons kind of usage. If you remove those cables, it stops teleporting power.

Would it be possible for someone to release a patch for this that enables indirect redstone behavior on the splitter cable? I would love it even more if it could be created for IC2 1.103 and IC2 1.106. A large part of the IC2 user base is still on 1.25.

Wind Mills need no change, there is already a chance of them breaking in lightning. If the output goes over 5 eu/t, it breaks, which lightning storms frequently cause. I like the idea of slow dust build up on the solars. Geothermal should not break or wear down. Regular Generator should require a new driveshaft every so often, like every 80000 eu, which is 2 batboxes. The driveshaft would be made using 2 iron in a stick pattern and would be stackable inside the machine, so that you don't have to go to remote locations to replace them. Watermills shouldn't have any extra cost or cleaning, however 1 neat feature would be that if any lava was near it at the same time as water, it would generate internal pressure (think steam pressure) and have a %50 every minute of going boom.

Ok, 6 simple questions, which you might want to but the answers in your original pst.

1. What is the EU per block broken on these tools?

2. Exactly how much faster are they than the diamond drill and chainsaw?

3. Can they be charged by a batpack, lappack, ultimate lappack? If not all of them, which ones should work?

4. Whats the internal power storage?

5. That picture shows osmium being compressed into 1 osmium ore, is it 1 osmium chunk to 1 osmium ore?

6. Have you considered making it open source?

Great first addon!

For a drill to mine a 3x3 area, it should be iridium tipped. Basically a diamond drill with an advanced electronic circuit for more stable power regulation, and iridium to deal with the extra resistance from mining 9 times the area. It should use 100 eu per block mined, so 900 for the 3x3 mode. In the 3x3 mode however, there would only be a 50% chance of getting the blocks being mined. The iridium is very strong and could easily decimate any raw ores and stone after all. There however should be a final tier of drill however. It would be the iridium drill and regular generator crafted together with advanced alloys to form a strong molecular bond. It would have the 2 modes, and features of the previous drill. However there would be 2 new modes. Basically the 1x1 and 3x3 functions, but with the options of burning any fuel it finds in your inventory for more EU. For example, you find a dozen or so coal = 5 more minutes of mining. This function would not be able to recharge any external energy stores such as lappack or lapotron crystal.

Love that idea, in midgame I need energy badly for mining laser and diamond drill. I usually already have an automated tree farm, however I simply can't burn the output fast enough.

Edit: There should be a maximum of 10 overclockers so people can't just hook up a few tree farms and be at end game.

2nd Edit: By a few, I mean a few dozen.

As I pointed out in the alternative source of recycle fodder thread, these work as efficient, yet kind of immoral way of obtaining massive amounts of sand, and as items on the ground disappear after 5 minutes, you would only need to check up once every 5 minutes

What kind of storage thing is that in that picture? They look to hold stupid amounts of stuff.