Posts by Blaster

Or simply disable Forestry. Forestry: how to get closer than EE-EMC generation.

I agree, can somone make a mod that adds more uses for wood. I use my Tree farm as a Apple gen but i need a use for the excess wood and Saplings. i have them right now going to either a Anti-Matter relay in 1.2.5 or into a void pipe in 1.3.2 (which is kinda a waste, but i have nothing else i can do with it)

I have a feeling that you are talking about something you are lacking knowledge of.

Two questions. What is "winning"? What were your favorite breeder design in 1.2.5?

Answer 1: I define it as a satisfactory completion of a task in terms of the person doing the task. In some games (recent sonic games+ Pokemon) i strive to be a completionist and do everything possible

Answer 2: I never used breeders as I had enough power from geo-thermals, water mills, MV solar arrays and prototype Super Fuel, I never needed a reactor. To say nothing of the fact i had a hard time finding enough Uranium

All I hear is you like cheating. EE Sucks because how cheap it is. If you looked into GregTech its about not only higher tier items but also some balance on recipes.

When i used EE1, all it had was Philosopher's stone transmutation and the gem of eternal Density. The gem was the LAST item I made, I NEVER used the transmutation recepies, and, due to a mental trait of mine, I NEVER CHEET!!!!!!!!!! NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL!

Thankfully Greg Thinks the same as I do that the QSuit is to high tier level and to easy to craft and to easy to power. Where it does fall is how fail it is like the boots run out power 5x more.

Again, sorry. it wasn't directed at you but at people who think that Modded End Game Minecraft is to OP. I probably should mention that one of the earliest mods I used was EE in 1.7.3 when it was really OP but also really fun and really rewarding if you made them without transmutation, a skill i still use to this day

I agree or let us have more control if possible Greg. I know you agree that the suits OPED and it is. But with these kind of drains it makes the suit useless and to much hand on maintenance God I want to shoot myself :P

I'm sorry but enough is enough. EVERYONE keep saying "(item x) is to OP, it has to be nerfed" it is in my opinion that some items are OP for a reason, they are a goal to strive for and if you think it is OP, don't use it. Now granted there are some items that need to be nerfed (Xycraft Corn for example) but i belive that the Quantum suit should actually get a upgrade (customisable quantum chestplates) and not a nerf. Again, sorry Kane-Heart, there have just been to many to OP posts around the internet lately,

Bad Choice of title if you don't want people discussing about reactors. Fine if baturinsky still have interest in that chat he can post it in the thread of "Realism" or whatever.

And for your "suggestion", i would say no, the whole cooling system is handled by the use of the Cooling cells and heat vents. And if we look at it right, you are asking for a way to pump water directly into the nuclear reactor, a "suggestion" that if my memory doesn't fail me was already rejected with the previous reactor system, so i don't see why it should be applied to this new reactor system.

1. The title was about the discussion of CURRENT reactors and the pumping in of water. NOT the reactors in 1.2.5

2. Thankyou for you opinion on the matter, i had no idea that the sugestion had already been posted. My apologies

Its difficult discussing if the reactor should or should not be more "Realistic" if we don't present any "Argument" explaining why it should be or not, so an argument free topic its impossible or at the very least impractical. If you are refering to the "Violent" kind of argument, do not worry i never take anything personal or go beyond talking about the topic in question.

And since i forgot to respond to baturinsky, yes i know how nuclear reactor worked in 1.2.5, you placed uranium cells in it to produce energy simple as that (yes it will explode if you leave it like that but it doesn't affect how it works until it explodes), so how they work in 1.1.0.6? You place uranium cells in it to produce energy. That part really didn't change at all, the only thing that really changed its how to cooldown the reactors before they reach the critical mass. I admit that never used breeding reactors so i can't say much on it both before and after the update.

What I ment was what you and baturinsky arguing on the differences between reactors in 1.2.5 and 1.3.2

IF you are such and expert on the issue why not give me a compressive list on the difference of both reactors so everyone can see how different both reactors are.

i don't mean to be rude. But can we please keep this thread an arguement FREE thread. If you have a problem, please use the PM system

Im starting to ask myself, if people are asking for more "Realistic" Nuclear Generators now, why they didn't do it before?

The new generator basically works the same way but with added components and stuff, this is baffling me.

The main reason why im sugesting this is because i liked the original water cooling method. What im sugesting is a expansion on the original water cooling. I would be happy if they bring back the original way

My opinion is that this thread is a little soon, we just got a complete rework and people have just gotten used to the new system. Personally I think you should wait a bit before suggesting any major/minor changes to Nuclear Reactors.

I probably should of added it in to the original post, this is a sugestion and I am positive that if it is added in, it won't be any time soon. i just wanted to know of people's opinion on the matter

Before I start, this is not a "I hate the new reactors" thread.

With all the changes to reactors, i think there is only one thing that could make them better (in my opinion). Real Neuclear Reactors need a constant supply of water to help keep them cool. By using a pump, you could fill a internal tank to help keep the reactor cool, increase the speed of cool down and add a sense of realism to the reactor. You could also add compatability for Buildcraft/ Red Power 2 liquid pipes and create a mechanic that could make the "I want CASUC's back now!!!" people. If you add in your own way of transporting liquids, you could also make them require power to run (if you do, can you make them so that they cannot use neuclear power under any circumstances?) Opinions, anyone?

seeing as my last post got removed, what was also on it was that i would also like to moderate the "small stuff" section. I do have a decent amount of free time but i am comming up to my end of year exams so my presence here will be drastically reduced in a few weeks to very little. I have been using IC since Beta 1.7.3, I think it is alot of fun and will keep using it untill either you gues stop developing it or Mojang stop developing Minecraft (which ever comes first)

As a comparison, why not somthing like the induction furnace that generates more power the longer it's on. But when it runs out of fuel, i needs to cool down like a Neuclear Reactor or a Buildcraft engine. but like what was said earlier, there does need to be a form of green energy that's price is proportionate to it's output. On it's own, solar pannels are too expensive for 1 Eu/t during the day, Water mills produce slightly more but need to be babysit to produce optimal power, same as Geo-thermal

I have no idea what is wrong, but when i tried placing a HV Solar Array, my game crashed and now i cannot get back into the level

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Unexpected error
    This error has been saved to C:\Users\lsande13\Desktop\MultiMC 4\instances\Modded MC 1.3.2\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-09-21_14.36.52-client.txt for your convenience. Please include a copy of this file if you report this crash to anyone.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 72bba0e5 --------
    Generated 21/09/12 2:36 PM

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2
    - Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    - Java Version: 1.6.0_35, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    - Memory: 330657968 bytes (315 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024m -Xms512m
    - FML: FML v3.1.15.378 Minecraft Forge 4.1.4.271 19 mods loaded, 19 mods active
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    mod_CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    mod_NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    Mystcraft [Mystcraft] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    BuildCraft|Core [BuildCraft] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    BuildCraft|Builders [BC Builders] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    BuildCraft|Energy [BC Energy] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    BuildCraft|Factory [BC Factory] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    BuildCraft|Transport [BC Transport] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    BuildCraft|Silicon [BC Silicon] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    ExtraBees [Extra Bees] (extrabees-1.4.0.16-dev-build.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    Forestry [Forestry for Minecraft] (forestry-A-1.5.0.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    IC2 [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2_1.106.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    CompactSolars [Compact Solar Arrays] (mod_compactsolars-main-3.0.1.13.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    IronChest [Iron Chest] (mod_ironchests-client-4.0.2.44.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    Pixelmon [Pixelmon] (Pixelmon1.7.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    Railcraft [Railcraft] (Railcraft_6.1.0.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    GregTech_Addon [GregTech-Addon] (gregtechmod.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    - LWJGL: 2.4.2
    - OpenGL: Intel(R) HD Graphics GL version 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2202, Intel
    - Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'
    - Type: Client
    - Texture Pack: Default
    - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    - World MpServer Entities: 15 total; [atg['Blaster5426@gmail.com'/167, l='MpServer', x=241.23, y=67.25, z=262.56], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/109, l='MpServer', x=309.01, y=64.00, z=299.57], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/79, l='MpServer', x=227.71, y=63.00, z=244.89], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/116, l='MpServer', x=324.00, y=-12.35, z=259.00], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/122, l='MpServer', x=337.94, y=66.00, z=270.78], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/180, l='MpServer', x=263.69, y=55.16, z=191.08], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/177, l='MpServer', x=260.11, y=55.13, z=189.01], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/189, l='MpServer', x=206.95, y=62.14, z=172.86], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/171, l='MpServer', x=195.22, y=51.00, z=175.80], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/179, l='MpServer', x=270.10, y=55.10, z=198.17], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/173, l='MpServer', x=230.31, y=54.00, z=170.63], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/62, l='MpServer', x=198.02, y=48.70, z=171.61], EntityTrainer['entity.Pixelmon.Trainer.name'/99, l='MpServer', x=275.38, y=64.00, z=336.08], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/88, l='MpServer', x=235.85, y=63.00, z=228.43], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/176, l='MpServer', x=259.11, y=55.19, z=197.33]]
    - World MpServer Players: 1 total; [atg['Blaster5426@gmail.com'/167, l='MpServer', x=241.23, y=67.25, z=262.56]]
    - World MpServer Chunk Stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 275
    - Forced Entities: 15 total; [EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/171, l='MpServer', x=195.22, y=51.00, z=175.80], EntityTrainer['entity.Pixelmon.Trainer.name'/99, l='MpServer', x=275.38, y=64.00, z=336.08], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/173, l='MpServer', x=230.31, y=54.00, z=170.63], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/109, l='MpServer', x=309.01, y=64.00, z=299.57], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/79, l='MpServer', x=227.71, y=63.00, z=244.89], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/116, l='MpServer', x=324.00, y=-12.35, z=259.00], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/189, l='MpServer', x=206.95, y=62.14, z=172.86], atg['Blaster5426@gmail.com'/167, l='MpServer', x=241.23, y=67.25, z=262.56], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/179, l='MpServer', x=270.10, y=55.10, z=198.17], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/176, l='MpServer', x=259.11, y=55.19, z=197.33], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/177, l='MpServer', x=260.11, y=55.13, z=189.01], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/88, l='MpServer', x=235.85, y=63.00, z=228.43], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/122, l='MpServer', x=337.94, y=66.00, z=270.78], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/62, l='MpServer', x=198.02, y=48.70, z=171.61], EntityPixelmon['entity.Pixelmon.Pixelmon.name'/180, l='MpServer', x=263.69, y=55.16, z=191.08]]
    - Retry Entities: 0 total; []

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager
    at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.requestInitialData(NetworkHelper.java:155)
    at cpw.mods.compactsolars.TileEntityCompactSolar.g(TileEntityCompactSolar.java:68)
    at up.h(World.java:1814)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1780)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:843)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:773)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:125)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.requestInitialData(NetworkHelper.java:151)
    ... 6 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.SideTransformer.transform(SideTransformer.java:27)
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(RelaunchClassLoader.java:162)
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:118)
    ... 11 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT 6adb07e0 ----------

The map i was working on was Shrine Runner, so hopefully i can get this working. HELP!!!

Never Mind

Agreeing with Magus here, What we need for the "Lategame" (see above why not endgame) isn't new generators or Storage units, but something we can spend those stupid amounts of EU we have saved or got from the nuclear gens.

And for the "Endgame" we need either something we can kill with our ubertech (Ender dragon doens't count, because he was made for vainilla) or a Big Bang Bomb that its made with a crapload of individual blocks (Which uses Iridium as a material), then feed it with MOARRRRRR EU and activate it to delete our world with a nice "BANG" to start with a new one...

Oh and if you are one of those that enjoy playing around with building factories and autocraft shit (AKA Creative people), then STFU about Early/Late/End game because it have nothing to do with you.

I would be fine with that. as for somthing to kill, why not somthing like the Wither that flies around the world atracted to Neuclear Power and when it comes close, it will increase the heat level in your reactor. The closer it gets, the hotter your reactor gets. and in order to stop it you have to take it out in one powerful shot

As a sugestion. Im fairly certain that putting raw Uranium into a Compressor gets you Refined Uranium, so i recon it would be a good idea to find a way of disabling that recepie and replace it with a recepie that is harder to get Refined Uranium but also make it more interesting. You could also apply this idea to Uranium Cells.