Posts by Blaster

This sounds like a good idea, but Vanilla already has a Invisibility potion so i'm not seeing why people will use this over the potion unless people can't brew. However, this is still a good idea

If the IC2 Team hasn't put in tanks before now, they won't be any time soon. HOW can you store liquid UU without any other mod that has tanks. I agree with FenixR NOcan we get a ban hammer

How is this possible without Forge? Unless Forge has already been updated to 1.4, and in that case I repeat my "wat is this I don't even :huh: "

Like what they did for 1.3, the Forge team is probably working of a 1.4 version based on the snapshots. The IC2 team probably has access to this version of Forge as 1.4 itself is suposed to be coming out next week

I don't know if someone has already pointed this out, but in the newest version the textures are weird. Now I have to wait for an update to fix this ;(
    AND still no Redpower for MC 1.3.2 ;( ;( ;(

I do belive that the last part may just be a small troll. Elloram is working on it, if you watch DW's season 3 server LP you can see that it is still buggy and i sugest you not hold out for a 1.3 release as 1.4 is comming out in 2 weeks (maybe). im actually waiting for 1.4 to make a solid atemt at releasing Shrine Runner as there are several mods that i plan to use that have not been released yet with some of thoes going to total rewrites.

You get used to the errors, at the bottom of the error log, there is a section that tells you what is wrong. Computercraft, chances are, is a clash of Block/Item ID's so i sugest changing the ID for the Block/item for either computer craft or the mod that has the clash. Code Chicken Core i fixed by saving the .zip as a .jar and putting it all into the core mods folder for 1.3.2, do this for NEI as well. The first thing you should always do when adding in mods is make sure you have instaled the mod/s that are required to make it work. e.g IC2 won't work without Forge AND FML. i know from experience how easy it is to use mod packs as i also used Technic/Tekkit before they had the stupid launcher (and before Better Dungeons) i lost almost all my frames when playing, I tried the DNS pack that has 80+ mods and it ran smoother then Technic (but i crashed because it had to save alot of stuff, and it got Very anoying when i gor Spiny Netherack Picks from mining Ore and test tubes from trees..., so i stoped using the launcher and instaled all the mods I wanted in, I havn't gone back to either Technic or Tekkit and only still use it to help out with issues on my friends servers. Good Luck with the change.

This kinda reminds me of Guild Wars back then... "OMG LOOK WHAT SUPER EQUIPMENT I FOUND!!!!!!" refers to "Hyper-Super-Unique Axe of Extreme Undeath (Extra Hyper-rare): 2% chance to leech 1% life (not more than 5) on a hit during full moon in the first half of the chinese year unless wearing green armor or blue wyvern helmets", as if they were afraid to even give the player equipment that did anything.

I don't even know why "balancing" is so important in Minecraft. If it's fun, it's okay!

I completely agree

Depends on what you consider "OP". If it's "makes manual digging obsolete eventually", then most mods, involving some kind of automation, are OP by themselves. EE, BC3, RP2, ComputerCraft, even Thaumcraft2.
    But yes, Forestry probably makes this "eventually" a little too close and a little too easy.

OP is a hard thing to define in gamming. Just looking at Minecraft, people think EE2 as a whole is OP, then there is the people who think that IC2 is OP as a whole, people i know think BC pipes are OP, I even know somone who thinks a Diamond Pickaxe is OP. in my opinion if people keep trying to implement balance so that everyone can think it's not OP, it could wreck the industry. the only thing you can do is keep you own opinion and if your a programer, make configuable items (like what Pahimar is doing for EE3) so that people can configure their item so that they are ballence in their opinion. Even if it means that Diamond Picks will break as soon as you a you touch stone (im looking at you who shall remain nameless X( )

Yeah, think of SMP, will one of these spawn every time a reactor is placed/running, or will it be a one time "race to reactor" to kill this thing, and would there be any actual benefit to killing it (other than the obvious of keeping your reactor, assuming it would destroy blocks)?

when i made that post, i wasn't thinking straight and looking back on it now, it was a crap idea. IC2 needs somthing endgame. the ender dragon is too easy, the wither will be the same. there needs to be somthing that even with IC2 tech, heck even RM tools from EE2 it will still be a challenge and using Vanilla tools, you might aswell be fighting a Zombie apocalypse with a spoon (IRL)

This mod is called IC2. Just burn wood in Generators as scaffolds or coal, or recycle it as wooden slabs.

When you getting power from the sun and the nether, you have a jet pack and full quantum armour, you don't need anything from a recycler and three full crystal chests of wood blocks?

Err, questions were not for you:) I just wanted to point that without effective breeders giving you 7x uranium, you just can't feed casuc, and effective breeder was something very few people did. And that making billion or two EUs in MC is not "winning", so you can't "win" by just building a simple casuc.

"Winbutton" is actually Windmills+tin buckets+alloy furnace :) My CASUC was collecting dust in 1.2.5 because it was just not making much difference with 8 windmill pillars working.

sorry