Posts by LilGimli

Nice to see you guys are working on an update, i'm sticking at 1.4.2 now but you guys have been doing a great job at keeping active with the community lately :)

Looking forward to the new version, keep up the good work :)

Thanks,
    LilGimli

Yeah, i would have to agree with the comments above, i think this would make it a lot more complicated for not only existing players, but new players as well. I think this would be an un-needed change to a system that doesn't really NEED changing.

Sorry, but i don't think this would work out well,
    LilGimli

I'm not suggesting adding mobs or anything like that, my point is, vanilla mobs have a SMALL chance of dropping the armour they wear, so i think taking on the challenge of killing a mob in quantum/nano armour should maybe have a SMALL chance of a drop aswell. Nothing OP or anything like that.

Thanks,
    LilGimli

I recently started playing on the 1.108 open beta and realized that you guys have been awesome enough to allow mobs to wear the nano/quantum suits and the nano saber! Great Addition if you ask me!

Anyway, in Vanilla Minecraft, if you kill a mob wearing armour, it has a small chance of dropping the item. So, i would like to see these mobs given special drops. Nothing like a piece of armour or anything, i would simply like to see maybe a chance of Coal Dust or a mixed metal ingot.

I think this would be a nice addition, Thanks for reading, leave your opinions,
    LilGimli

P.S. I don't know if this belongs in the 1.108 thread, because it is not a bug but a suggestion, if it is in the wrong place, please close.

I would like to see something like this incorporated, would give it .... sort of a 'hands on' feel. However, like mentioned before, a config would be necessary for those that don't like the features/cause lag on their computers.

Thanks,
    LilGimli

I think this could be implemented like the 'Sticky Dynamite' so that you can throw it, and when it reaches a block, it generates type of light source (glowstick or something) but won't give off light when thrown, to reduce lag.

I think this will be more a more practical? way of doing it.

Thanks,
    LilGimli

I dont mind the idea of more of a 'queue' items, however i think it should come at the price, possibly in the form of an upgrade, like mentioned before, or an upgraded version of a machine, i wouldn't mind say having to choose between a larger inv or faster processing

e.g

Electric Furnace -> Upgraded Storage

Electric Furnace -> Induction Furnace

However you can't have both. I think this would be a bit more balanced than just an 'Increased Inventory'

Thanks,
    LilGimli

I do and don't like the idea, i like it because it adds some extra effects to stop unlimited EU gen,but the problem is, if you were to implement this for one generator, you would have to do it for all of them, and this could possibly need a rework of generators,which is fine, but if this were to be implemented, it would take some time, but like said above

If it were implemented, it would need to be configurable

I would have to agree that a config option would be a good idea.

Nice job, they look nice, i like the brightness you've given them. Keep up the good work! :)

Maybe just a bit less on the end of the tools and i think they'd be looking great :D

I dont think even upping the recipe would be enough as to make the bronze dust you need to macerate the ores as well, when creating the bronze in forestry you do not need to worry about that.

I think that even if we upped the output, people would still make the forestry bronze due to the fact you do not have to create the dusts to produce it.

Thanks,
    LilGimli

why suggest when you can hotfix yourself without any problems, and include override into your mod.

Just enum entire block's list, find mass fab block, set it to null then set it to your reimplementation with fixed tile entity, it will go fine and without any problems.

sure, he probably could include it in his addon, however he is simply suggesting it for the dev team to review, with other people in mind, not just himself.

He obviously feels that this should be included in vanilla and as so has put in a suggestion instead of taking it upon himself to include it in his addon. I, myself see this useful for certain situations and for the new players that are just joining the modding community.

Thanks,
    LilGimli

Like stated above, this has already been suggested, the search bar is your friend :)

I'm not a modder but as far as i know the calculations and checking whether there is a player within the area of this 'dust' would still be far too cpu intensive. The game would have to make calculations based on how many dust is adjacent to the one in question, then it would have to check whether there was a player within that area every tick. This could possible be cut down by only checking say, once every 1-2 seconds but i feel that this radioactivity isn't needed after but before the reactors explode, but there is the issue again of the massive amounts of CPU this can drain. I feel that the need for radioactivity isn't really needed due to how CPU intensive possibly can be. I think the reason that reactors do so much damage when they explode now is due to the fact we can't add radioactivity?

Nice suggestion, but due to how much this drains CPU, I dont think anything like this will be added soon, but we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks,
    LilGimli

Before I start, this is not a "I hate the new reactors" thread.

With all the changes to reactors, i think there is only one thing that could make them better (in my opinion). Real Neuclear Reactors need a constant supply of water to help keep them cool. By using a pump, you could fill a internal tank to help keep the reactor cool, increase the speed of cool down and add a sense of realism to the reactor. You could also add compatability for Buildcraft/ Red Power 2 liquid pipes and create a mechanic that could make the "I want CASUC's back now!!!" people. If you add in your own way of transporting liquids, you could also make them require power to run (if you do, can you make them so that they cannot use neuclear power under any circumstances?) Opinions, anyone?

Like you have said, in one of your recent posts, this is just an idea and due to the recent rework, might not be added until down the line, but one thing i see is that Industrialcraft isn't meant to be this 'Ultra Realistic' mod. I view it in a way that it is supposed to have a sense of reality to it, but not overall based on real-life components. The problem i see with this is that, if there is anyone new to the community, a change like this may lead the newer community away from reactors, which, for most that have been here a while enjoy. I think this may have been a good suggestion before the new rework, but i think there is a reason why the devs removed water cooling from reactors. I do like the Buildcraft/red power functionaliy idea, however it seems we cannot base updates around other mods ( for obvious reasons.) I think that this system could be abused, much like the old CASUCs were, leading to the problem of OP reactors once again.

This is up to the devs, but i think that if this were to be added it could be abused, i like some of the ideas, but you must not view it from a 'realistic' perspective but from one of balance.

Thanks,
    LilGimli

I would like to apply for the suggestion Moderator or Small stuff moderator positions. i have not been registered with the forums for long, only recently doing so because of the drama that went on. I would like to fill any of the positions as i have been playing minecraft with IC ever since around beta 1.5? and feel i have a good understanding of the mod, how it has changed.Since i joined, i have been regularly posting, and would like to give something back to the community that brought me into the modding community. English is my first and only language. I am in Highschool so i have lots of free time. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks,
    LilGimli

I like the reverse engineering idea, however i think a couple of things could be changed;

- I think it should require a large amount of power, possibly 50k eu? maybe more/less

- I also think that you should only get the main components back, e.g. Machine block and/or Electric/advanced circuits. I dont think that this should be a way to get everything back you used to create it, i think it would be a bit too OP then.

Thanks,
    Lilgimli

P.S. For mods : Btw srry for spamming just my daily check of forums

Ummmm, i don't know how to take this.... it seems a very simple idea however it doesnt really seem like it would really affect gameplay, i will admit filling those pesky creeper holes is annoying....it's just creating something like this doesn't seem to fit in very well with the mod.

Sorry, just my opinion, but seems others like your idea.
    LilGimli