1. Reverse Engineering 2. Extracting Water/Lava Cells

• Just like the title says, i have two ideas i would like to hear if anyone else agrees.

1. Reverse Engineering Table
    - blank space for items on left, on right would be a materials list with a accept button at bottom
    - When an IC2 item is placed on left, all materials required to craft that item are listed on right. Clicking accept will give player those items.
    - Reasoning: I can't remember how many times i have upgraded to a better item (or changed my method for a function) just to have the old one sit in a box because i no longer have any need for it. This mod would be awesome.

2. Extractor modification
    - add a space for a bucket.
    - player places a water/lava cell and empty bucket, receives full lava/water bucket and empty cell.

Anyone have any thoughts?

• Official Post

1. Already suggested before many times, i personally think it is good, don't remember other people opinion.

2. It would be good, although there aren't many reasons to do that, tin pinchers will like.
    2.1 Harvest lots of lava somewhere (nether?) with tincells, go to base and extract them on buckets, feed geos , repeat...

• 1. Already suggested before many times, i personally think it is good, don't remember other people opinion.

Hmm, i searched for the idea, but maybe they had a different name. The idea is so easy to create, why hasn't it been done yet? you only need to create one new block and it doesn't need to interact with any other blocks so coding would be relatively easy; Doesn't need power, or any type of fuel.

2. It would be good, although there aren't many reasons to do that, tin pinchers will like.
    2.1 Harvest lots of lava somewhere (nether?) with tincells, go to base and extract them on buckets, feed geos , repeat...

Tin pinchers? lol. Hey man i play my game like i do life. If we can't learn to recycle in a simple game why would we ever do it in real life where recycling is infinitely more difficult? haha

Doesn't need power, or any type of fuel.

Yeahhh, I don't think a machine that requires no power to run is going to go over very well in a mod exclusively based upon electricity in minecraft.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Quoted

Doesn't need power, or any type of fuel.
    Yeahhh, I don't think a machine that requires no power to run is going to go over very well in a mod exclusively based upon electricity in minecraft.

I can see that argument... for about 5 seconds. The items/blocks created by this mod belong to the devs. If i were to make a mod to do what i suggested, i would need their source files for the entire IC2 mod. And after that, if even got so far, I would need to keep telling people to download my mod alongside theirs as soon as they come out with a revision ... yeah, it'd be better if they made it.
    Shoot, if someone WANTS this machine to require power, then whatever. I'm down, i just want to use the thing.

• I like the reverse engineering idea, however i think a couple of things could be changed;

- I think it should require a large amount of power, possibly 50k eu? maybe more/less

- I also think that you should only get the main components back, e.g. Machine block and/or Electric/advanced circuits. I dont think that this should be a way to get everything back you used to create it, i think it would be a bit too OP then.

Thanks,
    Lilgimli

P.S. For mods : Btw srry for spamming just my daily check of forums

• 1. You used the reverse engineering concept wrong, it usually means analyze or examine something made by someone else to see what makes it work and try to replicate it.

2. What you are suggesting its some sort of decrafter, something that have been suggested several time in the past and was either ignored or rejected (Yes im going to use the ignored part a lot from now on so get used to it > : D )

3. For the cell thing just use a bucket in the first place.