[Addon v2.0 exp for MC 1.6.4] Revolution tools (weapons and armors. Fair pvp on modded servers)[SSP/SMP]

• This is my first minecraft mod, based on industrialcraft mod

I post here before release it because i need some help or support by some experimented ic2 modders.
    I know how to use java, i'm a programer. dont worry about that. But i dont have time to look for docs (anyway doesnt exist any ic2 documentation well explained..).

This addon will be OPEN SOURCE so feel free to suggest changes or new features to this mod here: https://github.com/ciroreed/Revolution_tools
    Any person that help me to develop this, if he/she want will show as a mod owner too. I just want see this mod operative, i dont care about who gets the "likes". Simply i have the idea and i need someone who teach me to code some stuff or want to work with me on this project.

Here is a briew description about the mod idea/objectives:

1º -> this mod is planned as a pvp extension of industrialcraft2.

2º -> it planned to play on servers, so i need that these new items
    such as weapons and electric armors dont be overpowered. Each one must
    have their weak points... it must be funny, easy and fair to play with
    others. For example i dont want make an ironman's armor that kills all
    players pressing one key... (that is the reason witch i planned this new
    mod).

3º -> will be similar to those ic2 addons:

http://ic2ca.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page -> GOOD IDEA, BUT TOO OP

[Addon v1.118, 2.0 exp for MC 1.6.4] Gravitation Suite v1.9.8 ! [SSP/SMP] -> TOO OP, funny on SSP

Those are too OP! and make my server a little unfair for noobs/starters on servers. most addons or mods are thought for SSP. Well, this one will be more funny for servers. Last half year i own a modded server (1.4.7) and I have those mods. Obviusly first players that get :Matter: (people who played tekkit in most cases) and then get :Quantum-Bodyarmor: will rule the server.. and its soo boring.. :thumbdown: . Because no one can beat him. Only admins...

My first idea in particular is create some item/weapon that subtract all energy from electrical armors like :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Quantum-Helmet: :Quantum-Leggings: :Quantum-Boots: and then make it useless (i would like that when qsuit doesnt have power get the player heavyweight and slowed) [gregtech teslastaff?? but it doesnt work at all :cursing: ]

Make other laser instead of :Mining Laser: that F**** multiplayer too. The new laser cant destroy blocks ... or some specific blocks...

Then i want extend and create other armors , with some advantages and, obviusly, weak points.
    Please comment! :)

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH LEVEL, IM SPANISH! :D

Edited 2 times, last by ciroreed: adding some stuff ().

• Official Post

Fancy, can't wait for what's going to come out of this :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Nice to see more people modding ic2. I also, am currently making a ic2 add-on. :)

I started yesterday, i watch some videotutorials and i try to create somethings. as you can see code on github, i only have one item. Do you know how to retrieve energy of enemy's armor when hit with?

many thanks :rolleyes:

• I started yesterday, i watch some videotutorials and i try to create somethings. as you can see code on github, i only have one item. Do you know how to retrieve energy of enemy's armor when hit with?

many thanks :rolleyes:

No, sorry. I don't really make electric armor or items... I'm a terrible example for modding ic2. :)