[question] Nanosuit?

• Is the Nanosuit supposed to have no special abilities? I was haxing it and the quantum suit in to see the changes from IC1, and while the quantum was nice the nano didn't do anything?

Is it just because I TMI'ed it in? Or is it intended?

Would be more sensible if the Nano had weak abilities (like 1.5*movement, double jump height) OR that the quantum had a different set of abilities altenativerly added secondary abilities.

Regarding adding extra abilities to the quantum I got a few:
    The boots could make you hover if you hold ctrl+space in mid-air,
    The chestplate could work like a batpack, only for ALL electric stuff (even lazor!)
    The helmet could give a cool HUD that highlight animals, mobs and players in different colors (Maybe even add some ability to set custom color/color groups for individual players!)

(hasn't figured something up for the leggings...)

• nanosuit should gave a 100% protection from damage. it is buged now.

Still, that's a bit meh compared to old nano ... Good ol' Nano :love:

If there's an issue with overlapping features, just make Quantum use a lot more energy than Nano (but quantum should have a lot higher capacity, so still lasts longer)
    That way, Nano would be a poor/EU-greedy man's quantum instead of just meh superarmor...

• IC1 had 2 versions of armor as well, one that was just damage protection, and one with special abilities.

This is the same thing, just slightly different recipes / names.

Well, who used the meh non-advanced nanosuit anyway? It was just so ... meh?

Edit: I mean, against a player opponent you might actually be better off with less protection and some added mobility than being a panzer snail...

• Official Post

Well, thats kinda the point, theres 2 tiers of the suit. 1 thats just awesome protection (and rechargable), and another thats awesome protection + better stuff.

In my lets Play, I've not even bothered making the T1 version of the suit, but I'm planning to get the T2 soon.

• imo, it is a natural progression when you start out with no resources and build up to the quantum suit. But, yeah, I made the nanosuit in IC2 and was bummed that it didn't offer more and cost me 4 industrial crystals. I couldn't charge the Quantum Suit in an MFE but the MFSU.

I've shelved the nano and quantum until the bug fix comes out and just wearing my composite chest plate with BTW steel plated armor.

• The point is that the Nano have a very limited use, being a lot better than normal and much cheaper armors only agains say PvPers and nuke explosions. The Quantum on the other hand is always good to have due to generally higher mobility, as getting around faster = get more things done. I'm not saying that nano should have build-in warp engine like Quantum, just a little speed/jump boost to make it feel more like fairly cool low tier super suit and less like meh energy-driven armor.
    OR, just to spice things up, you could throw in an alternative nanosuit with only utility and almost no protection: 2x move speed (quantum is still twice as good), 3 block jump (quantum is almost TRICE as good), body work like high-capacity batpack (for high-tier like lazer too?) and helmet ... meh, dunno. But I guess that could be exploited (quickly changing between utility and battle suit etc...) but still ... Current nano is just MEH beyond description.