What to do with excess Uranium-238?

• I have been running nuclear reactor in IC2 experimental for many days. End result is that we have several thousands of Uranium-238 and nothing to use it for. Plutonium reserves have been used for MOX fuel cells and RTG pellets, and everytime we get tiny dust from uranium ore, the 238 count only increases. Shouldn't there be like recipe to turn the 238 into 9 tiny, or something else?

• I have been running nuclear reactor in IC2 experimental for many days. End result is that we have several thousands of Uranium-238 and nothing to use it for. Plutonium reserves have been used for MOX fuel cells and RTG pellets, and everytime we get tiny dust from uranium ore, the 238 count only increases. Shouldn't there be like recipe to turn the 238 into 9 tiny, or something else?

MOX fuel returns all the plutonium you used in making it, plus some more. MOX is a great energy source, definitely save your U238 for them.

• I could use with some more information on how to run MOX reactor. My nuclear reactor is completely automated, really every single step even processing the depleted ones. But i'm worried about doing that for MOX because the fuel cells can stack... it might put them overlapped in the reactor and cause heating or weird problems. Secondly i only assume all design plans are run as they are, 0 heat. I have no clue on how to heat the reactor higher. If it involved removing specific heating vents from the reactor, i would assume some guide said so, and also there are 0 videos about MOX in youtube... it's like nobody knows how to run them.

• Official Post

You can safely run MOX reactors as if they were uranium.
    However if you are able to create a reactor that does not interact with the reactor hull, you can boost the EU/t gen up to 5 times (4x is safest recommended), by keeping the reactor hot. Boost is heat % based.

• I could use with some more information on how to run MOX reactor. My nuclear reactor is completely automated, really every single step even processing the depleted ones. But i'm worried about doing that for MOX because the fuel cells can stack... it might put them overlapped in the reactor and cause heating or weird problems. Secondly i only assume all design plans are run as they are, 0 heat. I have no clue on how to heat the reactor higher. If it involved removing specific heating vents from the reactor, i would assume some guide said so, and also there are 0 videos about MOX in youtube... it's like nobody knows how to run them.

Normal fuel cells also stack, just like MOX cells, so I don't know what you're worried about. A bug allowed all types of fuel cells to be fed into the reactor in stacks (not sure if fixed), but it doesn't generate extra heat or EU, just wastes cells. If you managed to make uranium cells not stack in your automation, the problem is already solved for MOX.

There are plenty of MOX reactor designs in its dedicated thread. Heating it up involves either removing heat vents in a way such that cell heat generated goes into the hull directly, or cramming a quad cell into a corner of the reactor that doesn't melt components. You could also experiment in a creative world instead of waiting on tutorials.