Thermal Centrifuge Heat Capacity

• I was running some tests with the thermal centrifuge and I noticed a curious thing. When empty, the centrifuge can store up to 5000 units of heat, but when processing something it holds different amounts, depending on what it is processing. For example, purified crushed gold ore only allows the centrifuge to hold 2000 heat. If the centrifuge has more heat than it can hold, it cools off.

I was just wondering why this was, and why the centrifuge didn't hold the same amount of heat for everything.

• Official Post

With your gold for example, it only needs to be 3000 heat, so if it's more, it cools down, as it doesn't need to be that high. The same reason if you put your gold in with it at 0 heat, it doesn't go all the way up to 5000. It instead goes up to 3000 then hovers there, heating if below and stopping when above.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Well doesn't this defeat the purpose of storing heat when idle? If the heat capacity goes down, all that heat just goes away. Anyway, why do different materials have different maximum capacities anyway? I can understand a difference in minimum heat before processing can begin, but from what I know about metallurgy it doesn't really hurt to have more heat. The centrifuge is clearly capable of these temperatures, after all.

• Official Post

It chooses the lowest heat value that the metal can melt. The fact it does cool down is either balance or a bug

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.