Reactor melts reinforced stone

• After upgrading to the newest IC version began my mox reactor to melt the surrounding reinforced stone. Has this feature been reintroduced, or is this a bug?

• Official Post

It was re-introduced, as before it only melted indestructible blocks. Bedrock for example. It now seems to melt anything that isn't indestructible.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• That means to avoid that must the reactor temperature stay below 85% heat? That would significantly lower the output of mox reators...

• Official Post

Not sure, perhaps water inside would reduce the chance? I'd say it's a bug, as it does massively affect the safety as well as the output of MOX reactors.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

That's the reason that it only did indestructible blocks before I think. Since Greg "fixed" it, fix it again!

I see this too much.

• Sure, but I would liked to have at least a little warning before updating. Now I lost a lot of reactor chambers and expensive components.

• Reading the changelogs is not that hard.
    Although Greg really seems to love indirect talking (where you have to think a bit to find out what he might be saying).

Yeah, "And the price for melting Bedrock goes to THE NUCLEAR REACTOR! Seriously, that should not have happened, people were able to melt down any indestructible Block, ANY ONE!" sure sounds like "Now a hot reactor will melt all surrounding blocks again... O.o

Well, I whined enough, the reactors have been repaired and cooled down so everything is back to normal. :D

• Official Post

They melt their own chambers, which is absurd :P

I see this too much.

• Regardless of whether or not melting surrounding blocks when between 85% and 99% heat is intentional, they should never melt their own chambers. If they do, then you effectively have the same result as if you simply lowered the maximum reactor temperature to 8500 degrees - namely the fact that running above that point is guaranteed to give you a violent detonation in short order. The only difference is that simply lowering the temperature ceiling would be easier to implement and doesn't require per-tick calculation...