[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] IHL Tools & Machines

• Ldog, i make a code so, that when you disassemble base unit using wrench, shield item spawned on shield last position. Shaft parts (mining pipes) should do a same.
    May be better to spawn all items in one place, what you think?

I can do that.

Best in same place. Pipe in a stack(s), would probably be less laggy than spawning as many as 129 seperate item entitiys at once (although I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure how much difference in performance impact vs how much effort to code). I don't know how much trouble it would be to make it retract pipe the way the miner does, but that would be pretty cool. You would have to add the shield in the way the drill goes into the miner. Again I don't know how much trouble that would be to code, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

• Bad news: I can't beat up 128 blocks limitation. It seems, that at that distance tile entities unloaded from client world. I must use something like a "world anchor" to outflank that limitation, but i still dunno how. I'd better make entity on batteries to dig holes any deeper.
    Good news: Ldog, you have your "reverse mode" button in gui. Download the new version.

• Bad news: I can't beat up 128 blocks limitation. It seems, that at that distance tile entities unloaded from client world. I must use something like a "world anchor" to outflank that limitation, but i still dunno how. I'd better make entity on batteries to dig holes any deeper.
    Good news: Ldog, you have your "reverse mode" button in gui. Download the new version.

I think it's fine as it is. Without some method to automaticly suck up the blocks (basicly making this a horizontal quarry) it would probably be bad to leave this thing running for longer distances with a chunkloader (and that's assuming you can autoload in more stacks of mining pipes with a hopper/tubes/ducts/etc but I haven't actually tried). Having to move it every 128 blocks really isn't too much of an ordeal.

It would probably be easier (and less performance impact) to make the unit itself mobile (like the railcraft tunnelbore)

Retract works. Loses a few pipes when you wrench the unit, since it seems to always leave 1 or 2 out. I was trying at first to wrench the shield, which didn't work. I stumbled onto something, if you place the shield while the unit is in retract mode, it will place the shield on the wrong (opposite) side of the unit. Wrench works as expected on the base unit (rotates, rotates opposite with shift, picks up unit and contents). Oh, and the fixed placement facing works. :)

• Loses a few pipes when you wrench the unit, since it seems to always leave 1 or 2 out. I was trying at first to wrench the shield, which didn't work. I stumbled onto something, if you place the shield while the unit is in retract mode, it will place the shield on the wrong (opposite) side of the unit.

That will be 2 more bugs. Confirmed. Fixed.
    Almost forgot. Also shield now hurt and toss away player and mobs, then working. On reverse mode it will only toss away all things.

• Addon updated!
    List of new features since v0.443:
    1. Handpump now fill universal fluid cells (preferable).
    2. Tunneling shield now will harvest whitelisted blocks in reverse mode.
    3. Tunneling shield now have his own sound for base unit.
    4. Shield now wrenchable separately from base block. Just select transparent technical shield block and press right button with wrench in hand.
    5. Shaft now can be repaired, if at least one block remaining after explosion. Select that block with wrench and press right button if you have mining pipes in inventory.
    6. Addon is now configurable!
    Example of config file (generated automatically):

"ts02BlockBlackList" means blocks, that shield cannot dig thru.
    "ts02BlockWhiteList" means blocks, that shield can dig in reverse mode.

That function is used to determine blocks in lists:

So be carefull to name blocks correctly. If any wrong block names presented in list, addon will generate error message and continue loading.

If you have any suggestions (for example, about default values in config) - don't be shy and make it :!:

• I created video, describing few new and old features and presenting new item/entity in version 0.450, which i called "Collector". This "Little Satans' Helper" help to collect dropped items and put them at hopper nearby. Music taken from gods of industrial music in true meaning of "industrial" group "Control Human Delete" and album "Construct the Road through Space"(http://controlhumandelete.com/).
    http://youtu.be/mfGUW5Iyjkc

All hail Satan and mathematics!

• Official Post

The new collector looks awesome, it is good for many things, not only the tunnel bore.

Q: Does the collector attach itself only to batboxes or any IC2 storage (MFE and MFSU) ?
    Q2: Can we expect "advanced" versions of the collector for faster work/longer lifespan?

• A1: it attach itself to any IC2 storage with empty charge slot, and even to generators.
    A2: Even more faster!? About lifespan. Collector discharge 1 eu per update. If i'm not wrong, there is an 20 updates per second. So, 20 000 eu/20 eu per second = 1000 seconds or 16 minutes. I was thinking about special "charger/ejector", that will spawn Collector, when it is charged. What you think about?

• Official Post

Hey i got a bug report to you, sometimes no matter how much i clear the space around the driver unit, i cant place the bore head:

It happens specially when i pass in the front of the machine.
    My guess is that you have coded your block to check for blocks of ID 0 (air), instead of "is air".
    "Railcraft by default creates hidden blocks for player aura tracking, which are recognized as air if using Forge isAirBlock(), but probably won't be recognized as air by other mods (unless they specifically test for it)."

• Official Post

I really shouldnt triplepost... but about the collector, the initial tier is good, but it is not fast and "strong" enough for some tasks...

First, your collector, if it picks an one item stack, it will immediatly return to the hopper, which is not good. It should look around for more items of the same type to carry the maximum amount possible. Second, make it able to target chests directly, it has an enderpearl (which should possibly be swapped by an IC2 teleporter) , so it should be able to teleport the item inside, also when targetting hoppers, since the hopper only transfers one item every few ticks, it can get stuck easily. You can also add a "collector hopper" which transfers a stack per second to solve this problem too.

My suggestion is to add MV, HV and even EV versions of your collectors, which are able to carry more stacks (they are bigger), are faster and will of course consume much more energy to maintain themselves, which will require a MFE or another more advanced storage to recharge.
    Of course i could spam lots of collectors but having lots of flying collectors might not be good for the server load. Also, after spamming a quite bunch of them and hovering through items in my inventory... crash: http://pastebin.com/q4x61ud7

• My guess is that you have coded your block to check for blocks of ID 0 (air), instead of "is air".
    "Railcraft by default creates hidden blocks for player aura tracking, which are recognized as air if using Forge isAirBlock(), but probably won't be recognized as air by other mods (unless they specifically test for it)."

You are absolutely right about that. Addon was fixed according to your recommendation and tested with railcraft (new version 0.451 attached to first message). Other changes needs a little bit more time.

• Oh goddddddddddness I really like this mod now :)

But what I need to know is, where can I enable IHL with this or do I have to use IHL standalone for that (That liquid thingy mod you've made :X))?

EDIT: I don't know how it works with GregTech but maybe gregtech recipes and support ? :O I can't test atm but that would be awesomeee :D^^ (config option^^)

• Lefty
    One of a new version i have disabled original event hook, because i find a new way to move source water blocks. Actually, i don't embody new system, because nobody asking. A funny thing - when you use a handpump, you got a approximately same effect, but it seems, Lefty, you want to moveable water source block back. Of course, you can download my old mod from minecraftforum, but it is a little raw. I've got a request in your face, so i will try to rewrite that part.

I don't know how it works with GregTech.

I don't know either. GregTech is not disabling recipes of this addon and, i think, machine blocks, electric engines, metal plates and other components still can be craftable (gregtech way, of course).

• Official Post

He means "gregtechified" recipes that are way more expensive.

If you could take a look on its API and use several of its LV-MV components (pistons, motors, small turbines...) it would fit gregtech perfectly. Also replace the enderpearl with IC2 teleporter.
    The recipes would only change if GT is installed and it is also a config that can be toggled off.

• Also replace the enderpearl with IC2 teleporter.

Whats a problem with enderpearl? It's too hard to kill enderman or it spawns too rarely?

Also, about gregtech recipes. I didn't play gregtech nor once. Any suggestions about gregtech recipes?