[1.7.2]Crash with optifine

• Get rid of optifine, it's incompatible with forge.

I can use optifine with Forge, just crash after install IC2.
    OptiFine 1.7.2_HD_U_D1 (merged all changes from 1.7.4_HD_U_D1, compatible with Forge #1032)

• It still modifies forge, which can cause mods to crash. Remove optifine and try again.

I don't think so sir. I have Bibliocraft, BiomesOPlenty, Damage Indicator, Minecraft Comes Alive, Not Enough Items, OceanCraft, Tree Capacitator and VoxelMap installed with Forge 1.7.2-10.12.0.1054 and Optifine_1.7.2_HD_D1... with NO problems. When I add IndustrialCraft 2 (any recent versions), it crashes. I keep hoping the next version of IC2 will solve the problem... but alas.

• Official Post

I blame IC2's historically silly rendering system, which is why the machines for example had (or still do they?) their own texture sheets.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Apparently none of those other mods use the Forge hook to load textures, thus there is no indication that the fault is on IC2's side at all.

Facts:

Client crahes only with IC2 mod and Optifine in the modpack. When remove IC2 mod, client never crashes with Optifine and many others mods.

Questions:

Why does not client crash if there for example Bibliocraft, Applied Energistics and Optifine?

Why crashes only if IC2 is in the modpack?

Many players love IC2 - its fantastic mod, but many players need Optifine too.

Please take some time and find the problem.

Many thanks.

• Official Post

Why does not client crash if there for example Bibliocraft, Applied Energistics and Optifine?

They render things a certain way

Why crashes only if IC2 is in the modpack?

IC2 does it a different way. Railcraft also crashes (or it at least used to), as does Ars Magica 2.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Optifine is surely most wanted plugin(mod) for anyone playing minecraft. That's a proven FACT.
    Now, I don't want to discuss it - who want's to get both playing together (optifine and IC2), should get the latest (ATM it is build 504) of IC2 experimental, and the latest forge - ATM it is build 1178 for 1.7.10 MC. The latest optifine - ATM it is 1.7.10_HD_U_A4
    I have a few other mods, Advanced Energetics 2, Extra Cells for AE2, NEI and OPTIFINE. All working happily together. Playing without OptiFine has been a nightmare. I hope they will continue supporting each other in the future, so for now, this set of the latest mods is working fine.

I should mention that everything fell together in place, after I installed that latest Forge 1178. Maybe the guy working on it, finally got the way to deal with the OptiFine... We will see in how are things in the future.

Here you can see how my lagometer stays at green all the time, while there is a mad chunk loading going on in the distance (see the FPS - I play it vsync-ed so no tearing appears):

The second picture is a proof that it's working with the IC2, along with the connected textures and stuff :)