Questions about using IC2 images and at which point a mod is an IC2 addon

• So I'm asking here again since the PM didn't yield any answers.

I am making a mod which uses the IC2 API, but the mod works w/o IC2 too. (The API is only used so my machines can accept EU, my wrench can dismantle IC2 machines and to add some compressor recipes). So does the mod already count as an IC2 addon and I have to follow all the rules here Important Notes regarding the publishment of IC² Add-Ons? Or does it only count as an addon if IC2 is required for the mod to work?

Now to my second question:
    For the next update I implemented an upgrade with which one of my machines can produce IC2 cables, the "Industrialization Upgrade". The Icon for the item is the IC2 basic wrench scaled and put on top of the upgrade template. So my question is now, under which conditions am I allowed to use that image in my mod?

Thank you in advance for your answers
    Patrick

• Official Post

if IC2 is required for the mod to work

Just this. If you don't require it, like Railcraft doesn't for example, it is not an Addon.

For the next update I implemented an upgrade with which one of my machines can produce IC2 cables, the "Industrialization Upgrade". The Icon for the item is the IC2 basic wrench scaled and put on top of the upgrade template. So my question is now, under which conditions am I allowed to use that image in my mod?

In this very case I would say it is allowed to use it, since it is about IC² and should therefore fit the Style. Railcraft did that too when adding the Creosote Cell or the Lapotron Charger Upgrade.