[1.00] Texture Bug!

• Sorry creator guy, I cannot use this mod until the Minecraftforge and OptiFine thing is fixed...
    I would like to report a terrible (for me anyway) bug in IC2. I tried re-installing both OptiFine and IC2 but it was still the same. This only happens with OptiFine.I was installing IC2 and after installing the textures looked fine after blocks were placed. But after I installed OptiFine the textures look very odd:

They look fine in my hand and hot bar.

See?

Even wire textures are messed up.

This only happens when I install OptiFine either over IC2 or before IC2. Thank you.

"Do we play less because we get older, or do we get older because we play less?" (My favorite random quote)
    I can't use IC2 Because the textures are f**ked up (something about Optifine not
    being compatible with MCForge)

• Optifine and minecraft forge are not compatible

Since the last time I played with the first IC they were since I used Build Craft and it worked fine.

"Do we play less because we get older, or do we get older because we play less?" (My favorite random quote)
    I can't use IC2 Because the textures are f**ked up (something about Optifine not

• Official Post

Compatibility with other mods

• So how come Minecraft runs if they're not compatible?? I installed OptiFine after everything and then IC2 it had buggy textures so the next time I installed I installed IC2 after everything (including OptiFine) and still buggy textures...

• Official Post

It's because MCForge interferes with how Optifine works. Doesn't matter what way around you install them, minecraft will run, but you will have buggy textures. There's not a damn thing we can do about it, short of maybe bugging the optifine creator to move to forge.

• It's because MCForge interferes with how Optifine works. Doesn't matter what way around you install them, minecraft will run, but you will have buggy textures. There's not a damn thing we can do about it, short of maybe bugging the optifine creator to move to forge.

So then I can't use this mod? BTW Ireland? :P I'm in Ireland :D

• Official Post

"Not compatible" doesn't mean instant crash, but it does mean that the creators can't and won't guarantee any particular thing to work right. I've heard that they'll work almost right if you install Forge after OptiFine, but if you install them in the other order, you're pretty much guaranteed to have everything go wrong (probably twice).