ModPack Permission

• I'm wondering if I may use IC2 in a private modpack for me and my friends to use in a let's play.

The modpack will be a hidden modpack that only me and my friends who will be involved in the videos will have access to.

• Official Post

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yeah that page indicated that I have to have a post that says that i'm going to use this mod in my modpack. Also on that page i'm wondering about the second point in the policies, what does that mean?

• Okay, since no one is helping, the term 'modpacks' is used to refer to a compilation of mods created by someone to then be redistributed so that other people may play all those same mods without sorting out item id problems and such. Policy #2 I thought was pretty simple and straightforward, but When you post a vid, in the about section copy and paste what mods you use and who created them (going to blanket that statement to all mods to not be a dick) as well as the link that ic2 provides for use in giving credit. These are basically to stop things like tekkit (I just opened a can of worms if these forums are anything like they use to be a year or two ago) generating revenue through the inclusion of mods in to a mod pack and then redistributing it. Since it's only a few friends and not for public use I think you can pretty much disregard the modpack policy as you aren't distributing to the public. However, do still give credit in videos, it's just morally right.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Official Post

(I just opened a can of worms if these forums are anything like they use to be a year or two ago)

They're not. People got over Tekkit months ago.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.