Suggestion: Single use coolants redesign

• Hey guys,

When i played around with the new heat reactor i noticed single use coolants are completely useless in them. This got me thinking how to make them useful in heat reactors and several ideas came to my mind.

• Make them like a heat storage. That means i could take a completely broken Single use coolant, put it in the heat exchanger and it will give it will recharge and produce heat.
    • Let them stay single use but add the heat they take to the heat output of the reactor, so if heat is consumed by them it will still produce hot coolant.
    • The last idea is the one i like the most and it could be implemented in two ways. The idea is that they are like a coolant storage, lets say 10k coolant for the smallest one. when i craft them, they are empty and i can fill them up with coolant(like universal fluid cells) when they are in a reactor, they will take the heat of adjacent components, like they do now and either output the hot coolant directly or heat up the coolant inside. In the first case after some time, one would have an empty coolant. In the second case i would get a "cell" with 10k hot coolant that i could put in a heat exchanger. After that process the "cell" could be filled again or if it would be too overpowered, destroyed. I know the last idea would need some balance changes to the recipe and somehow the thing needs to be attractive for EU reactors, too.

What do you think about this idea? I really hope to see some mechanic changes for the heat reactor, since for now, there are 2 component categories which are useless(single use coolants and MOX fuel rods)

• Turns out, the Single use Coolants are currently kind of what i just described, at least one can use them that way. And there are some really interesting designs possible with them xD

All one needs is 2 heat reactors and a ME system to change components ;)

• Official Post

You should always mess about with what your suggesting to improve, as you might find that it already does what you want and more :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.