[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Recently I'm just deleted config folder and found that minecraft won't start because fastcraft don't know how to create config folder :/

Code
    [03:05:39] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launchjava.lang.RuntimeException: Error saving user config	at fastcraft.LoadingPlugin.<init>(F:69) ~[fastcraft-1.20.jar:?]	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_40]	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.loadCoreMod(CoreModManager.java:458) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1307-1.7.10.jar:?]	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:346) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1307-1.7.10.jar:?]	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:214) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1307-1.7.10.jar:?]	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1307-1.7.10.jar:?]	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:67) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1307-1.7.10.jar:?]	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:34) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1307-1.7.10.jar:?]	at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:126) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1307-1.7.10.jar:?]	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Games\Minecraft\Forge 1.7.10\config\fastcraft.ini (Системе не удается найти указанный путь)	at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_40]	at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]	at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]	at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]	at fastcraft.LoadingPlugin.<init>(F:1371) ~[fastcraft-1.20.jar:?]	... 14 more
  • Just wondering if it is possible to further improve mod loading in Forge with FastCraft? The number one thing I hear of the most is how long it takes to load the game with a bunch of mods, especially on older hardware. A crash is a nightmare on a slow system, it could be quite a few minutes to get back in the game. If not, then ignore this post =).

Edit: Thinking out loud here. Possibly a RAM Disk that Mods get copied in to, invoked, and unloaded after the game starts?

• Well, that's what RAM is; active program storage for high-speed access. A "RAM Disk" is therefore effectively meaningless.

Higher frequency RAM, SSD in stead of HDD, higher frequency CPU, and overclocking RAM / CPU; those are the 4 ways you could potentially improve load times. Granted, 3 of those 4 require newer hardware, and the 4th is risky, but that's the price of faster loading.

Also, AFAIK FastCraft does attempt to increase initial load speeds. There's only so much optimization mods can do, but having FastCraft goes a long way, particularly with how much heavier 1.7 mod packs are [than 1.6 packs and earlier].

• Official Post

Actually I've been working on major load time optimization for quite a while besides what is already in FastCraft. That work however isn't usable yet and gets (mostly) stripped from builds.

The startup isn't really I/O bound, it's a lot more complicated to accelerate than just moving some data to RAM. The baseline is actually better than one would assume, I've profiled the loading and there's not really any low hanging fruit.

• Actually I've been working on major load time optimization for quite a while besides what is already in FastCraft. That work however isn't usable yet and gets (mostly) stripped from builds.

The startup isn't really I/O bound, it's a lot more complicated to accelerate than just moving some data to RAM. The baseline is actually better than one would assume, I've profiled the loading and there's not really any low hanging fruit.

Awesome to hear. Keep up the good work.

• Well, that's what RAM is; active program storage for high-speed access. A "RAM Disk" is therefore effectively meaningless.

Higher frequency RAM, SSD in stead of HDD, higher frequency CPU, and overclocking RAM / CPU; those are the 4 ways you could potentially improve load times. Granted, 3 of those 4 require newer hardware, and the 4th is risky, but that's the price of faster loading.

Also, AFAIK FastCraft does attempt to increase initial load speeds. There's only so much optimization mods can do, but having FastCraft goes a long way, particularly with how much heavier 1.7 mod packs are [than 1.6 packs and earlier].

Thanks for posting this. It may help others looking to boost their PC. Having been in the IT field for 20+ years, I know what it takes to boost performance. I was directly talking about old hardware, and how to give it a boost. Knowing now that it isn't I/O bound, helps me to inform others on what steps they can take. This isn't an issue for me, as being in the IT field, I like to treat myself to higher performing PCs =).

• Actually enterprise12's crash is presumably caused by a faulty mod (threaded world access), run with -Dfastcraft.debug.fwel (startup option, goes before -jar) to try catching it.

This is also on client side only, i didnt add it server side.
    Could you please look at this, i discussed this crash with the authors of Mekanism and CoFH, because removing fastcraft when getting the error i stated, makes a different one.
    Perhaps you may know something they dont.

Here is the link to the discussion:
    Link1: https://github.com/aidancbrady/Mekanism/issues/2414

Hopefully you can all somehow fix this issue, because my players crash