[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Official Post

FastCraft is a sophisticated mod which improves the client and server performance significantly without any game play changes. FastCraft is useful for anything, even fast PCs and servers benefit.

The mod is optional on both server and client, meaning that it can be installed on both server and client, just the client or just the server. Even mismatched versions between server and client are fine. It is recommended to always use the latest version on both sides however.

FastCraft doesn't require any configuration since it is supposed to be fully transparent to the user. To install FastCraft just drop it into your mods folder with Minecraft Forge installed. There may be bugs and the code is somewhat experimental, make backups of your world save while using it.

Optimizations/tweaks FastCraft applies are very broad and include the following:
    - FPS improvements (client), benefits depend heavily on PC, mods and the world
    - TPS / simulation improvements through faster code and better algorithms
    - Lag spike elimination from world generation, light calculations and chunk loads
    - RAM savings of around 200 MB for a decent amount of mods
    - Faster chunk loading (client/server) and rendering (client)
    - Faster game startup
    - Minor network bandwidth reduction in some scenarios

Contact
    If you prefer a more immediate format than this thread, you can use IRC in #fastcraft on esper.net for questions, discussion and support regarding FastCraft and MC client/server performance.

Download
    Redistribution is restricted, the spoiler section at the bottom lists the conditions.

Download: http://files.player.to/fastcraft-1.25.jar

Latest preview/test/unstable build: http://files.player.to/fastcraft-1.25.jar

Change log

Sampler 1.60.1 (MC 1.7.10)/1.62.1 (MC 1.8.9)/1.63.1 (MC 1.9)/1.65.1 (MC 1.9.4)/1.69.3 (MC 1.10)/1.72.1 (MC 1.11)/1.84 (MC 1.12)

Extra tweaks/tips

Known issues

Redistribution

• Official Post

How? Magically improving performance isn't easy.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Haha Greg gets all giddy, and so does Invultri :)

Does it (and if it does not, maybe consider it) optimize hoppers and furnii calculation stupidity (thanks Mojang) like EVOC from ProfMobius in 1.6.4?

• Official Post

Does it fix the gajillion times of redundant Chunkloading due to a Forge Bug?
    -> no, this seems to be mostly due to mod bugs btw.
    Does it do Multithreading?
    -> no
    What kind of performance Improvement does it give?
    Serverside?
    -> yes
    ClientSide?
    -> yes
    TPS?
    -> yes
    FPS?
    -> yes
    Bandwidth?
    -> no
    Leaked Packets?
    -> no, those are mod bugs

Most importantly it reduces that awful world gen lag and freezing a lot. With the changes to be expected from 1.8 I won't be doing more than those small - but very effective - changes, targeting bottlenecks identified through proper profiling. I'll possibly add more tweaks if I can get data to justify them.

• Official Post

One thing I've noticed since I installed Fastcraft, when I load a world, I must pause it in order for majority of the chunks to load visually.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• How significant is significant? Does it optimize the loading itself, or chunk queries? (On my server I usually have the world symlinked to ramdisk, I'm trying to gauge if I'll see a noticeable speedup from this)

Also, can't this be put into Forge itself? I'm not hair-splitting, I'm really curious.

• Made an account just to say this.

When I went into the Nether with this mod, I got some massive lag. Like serious, unplayable lag. I did look in the Game Output, and didn't really notice anything.

• Official Post

invultri:
    It works if only the server installs the mod, it also works if only the client installs it. It'll just have effect on the local side then obviously.

octarine-noise:
    I'd consider it almost game changing for 1.7.10, which is why I decided to release it in the first place.

The Kakuzato:
    Try version 1.1, it helped this issue a lot in my testing.

xbony2:
    This just means that everyone has to download it from this thread, I don't want any uncontrolled spreading or less experienced users (->mod packs) in the current state of the mod.

• Official Post

@render issue on chunk loading: I often get chunk errors (i can see the underground caves and such) if moving around too fast. Is it possible to do something about it?

Also what does "GC" stands for on the 1.1 changelog?

• I see now the internal name of the mod is FastLight. Does it only change the light calculations? Because I tried it and didn't see any noticeable difference. It was a pristine world though, no redstone and furnaces and boilers and flashing lights and all that stuff that would come with a well-worn world.