[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• First of all, thank you so much Player, FastCraft is amazing!

Second, I've noticed something that seems odd with my server. Every TPS report from Forge, CoFH, and Sampler is just fine and Opis shows nothing out of the ordinary, yet the server log shows a bunch of "Can't keep up!" messages. It's confusing since I feel that it would be really obvious in game if the server couldn't keep up.

Is this supposed to happen, or is there another way I can see if something wrong?

• Official Post

Blatts/MrSkript: As i said before, this is very unlikely to be caused by FastCraft. FC being in the stack trace is meaningless in this case, it's just running through a behavior-transparent hook for detection purposes. It'd crash even if the hook wasn't there. That specific exception is known to occur in both MC 1.6 and 1.7 without FC, e.g. http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=14042.0 or http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=24067.0
    If you want this investigated and you can reproduce it, chat me up in IRC and I can add something to possibly detect the mod actually at fault.

Methes: This is interesting, FC shouldn't change how it looks at all of course. The vignette is not part of vanilla, maybe there's some conflicting coremod problem with overlapping edits going on. Can you check if this is mipmap level dependent and possibly whether removing rendering related mods changes it (shaders, optifine etc.)?

Shinisuryu: This sounds like sporadic lag spikes, take a closer look at /sampler tps, it'll report a max tick time as well, which is the worst recorded for the past ~2 minutes. One cause for this may be when MC writes modified chunks to disk. Sampler's spiketrigger should be able to catch this kind of spikes, run /sampler sampleinterval 3000 and then /sampler spiketrigger 500.

• So after investigation, it's present with Optifine and Mipmaps (any level). (Tried with just Optifine and Fastcraft alone.)

Tried with Optifine HD_B4 and HD_U_B4.
    Tried with Fastcraft 1.13 and 1.16.
    Tried with Forge 1286 and 1263.
    Tried with disabling graphics card features.

Was present every time.
    Anisotropic filtering improved it a tiny bit, but there still were remnants.

Any more info I can give you?

• I don't know if anyone has asked before, I'm just wondering why redistribution is so strictly prohibited.

This mod is pretty essential for modded mc in 1.7.10, especially for people with not so good computers. It's a bit difficult to redirect people to this topic or to your download link sometimes.

Anyways, I'm just curious, not trying to make any demands or anything like that.

• Along what choco said, it is to avoid unexperienced users (aka your average user that have little to no idea how to deal with mods themselves) use fastcraft.
    Reasons include inability to proper report bugs, the magi-hackish nature of this mod, the very likelyness of something going wrong for apparently no reason and the great chance of conflict with other mods (see shaders, HD resource packs and other fancy rendering stuff)

That's pretty reasonable considering what people like Greg or Reika and many others have to go through from time to time :).

• That's pretty reasonable considering what people like Greg or Reika and many others have to go through from time to time :).

Doesn't seem to be stopping people like the post above me. ^

Rather than include a download for fastcraft in a modpack, where people likely wont even notice it's addition, I should link these inexperienced users directly to this topic where they can try to figure it out for themselves and directly complain if it doesn't work?

Also, I wasn't interested in what SpwnX thought about the subject, I was interested in Player's reasoning.

• Official Post

Doesn't seem to be stopping people like the post above me. ^

He is already better than most people since he runs a cauldron server.

Rather than include a download for fastcraft in a modpack, where people likely wont even notice it's addition, I should link these inexperienced users directly to this topic where they can try to figure it out for themselves and directly complain if it doesn't work?

People may not notice its addition until it crashes for "no reason".

Also, I wasn't interested in what SpwnX thought about the subject, I was interested in Player's reasoning.

This just means that everyone has to download it from this thread, I don't want any uncontrolled spreading or less experienced users (->mod packs) in the current state of the mod.

• He said that in August back when fastcraft was something brand new. Surely the mod is in a better state than it was when it was new.

Player, can you let me know what your current reasoning is for keeping fastcraft from being distributed, or if you plan on changing distribution rights soon or any time in the future?

• He said that in August back when fastcraft was something brand new. Surely the mod is in a better state than it was when it was new.

Player, can you let me know what your current reasoning is for keeping fastcraft from being distributed, or if you plan on changing distribution rights soon or any time in the future?

Did you not read the post before you?? Seems logical enough.. The mod is experimental.. Including it in modpacks will open up cans of worms you can't imagine. The same goes for optifine since it also gives people a lot of problems.

Personally I haven't had a single big issue with fastcraft... It is amazing.

• Did you not read the post before you?? Seems logical enough.. The mod is experimental.. Including it in modpacks will open up cans of worms you can't imagine.

Following that logic, I shouldn't include IC2 or anything based on it in a modpack.

• Official Post

IC2 is totally different from FC.

One is a mod that adds content, other is an optimization mod that does black magic so you can run your modpack on a toaster.
    People that don't know how to use the magic will likely get some burnt toast.

Anyways, player will likely answer you.

• I just wanted to know his non-paraphrased reasoning for why distribution is as restrictive as it is. I asked the question and got several answers, and the only thing actually said by player was:

"everyone has to download it from this thread, I don't want any uncontrolled spreading or less experienced users (->mod packs) in the current state of the mod."
    "Current state" meaning how it was in August 2014, on the day after it was released.

If player doesn't answer it's okay, I'll stop bringing it up after this post. I don't want to cause more trouble than I already have.