[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Hi Player,

I have made a modpack for 1.7.10 called HyperTech. It includes Fastcraft. It will be on FTB. Thank you for the awesome mod and we appreciate being able to use it in our pack.

• Hello Player.

I want to notify you that i'll be using your Fastcraft in a private modpack for myself and my friends
    Thanks for this awesome mod!

• Hello, I seem to be having a small issue: I used to be able to start up minecraft just fine untill a couple of days ago, when I began getting the error I attached. A quick restart of the computer would solve the problem, but I kept getting it more and more often to the point at which I was no longer able to play with both TerraFirmaCraft and Fastcraft enabled in my modpack. Disabling Fastcraft or Terrafirmacraft solves the problem. Hope you can help.

• Hi!

I intend to use this mod in a private modpack called Sockertoppar Sad Pack on the FTB launcher (with the Third Party Pack). I was told to notify you of use and here I am :)

• Official Post

Robert: That's a JVM crash, there's nothing I can do about it. The bug is in native code and modifying the mod set just triggers it. Maybe running java with -verbose:jni can give more insight, but it'd spam a lot.

Sunconure11: Not my fault, check AppleCore's issue list.

Roadhog360: MC 1.8 isn't a feasible target atm due to low use and many of its changes being superseded by MC 1.9 again. To put FastCraft on the server you just have to copy its jar file into the mods folder with MinecraftForge installed.

• I figure it could be a nice idea to ask about this here, since it's an issue related to 1.7.10's performance after all.
    There's an unresolved bug in 1.7.10 (and apparently plenty of versions before it as well, but I found it more easily noticeable in .10) where, if you're playing in single player mode, the server's and the client's view distances are the same. The problem about doing things this way is that this means chunks beyond that view distance (plus one, it seems) won't be loaded by the game at all, which usually results in really poor mob spawning, among obviously other loaded chunk-related issues. This is easily noticeable if you use Opis, for example, set your view distance to the minimum possible, then open its minimap and check the currently loaded chunks (after moving away from spawn, obviously). And here are two likely related Mojang bug tracker issues: [1] [2]
    Lastly, I have found a jar mod that tries fixing this (link, scroll down a bit), but it doesn't seem to work in a modded environment.
    So, would it be possible to add an option (preferentially a config one, since it might impact performance a bit) to force the server's view distance to a minimum of 10, in single player? No idea if this is the best way to tackle this problem, however, so if it isn't asking too much I'd be thankful if you could look a bit more into it as well.

• I figure it could be a nice idea to ask about this here, since it's an issue related to 1.7.10's performance after all.
    There's an unresolved bug in 1.7.10 (and apparently plenty of versions before it as well, but I found it more easily noticeable in .10) where, if you're playing in single player mode, the server's and the client's view distances are the same. The problem about doing things this way is that this means chunks beyond that view distance (plus one, it seems) won't be loaded by the game at all, which usually results in really poor mob spawning, among obviously other loaded chunk-related issues. This is easily noticeable if you use Opis, for example, set your view distance to the minimum possible, then open its minimap and check the currently loaded chunks (after moving away from spawn, obviously). And here are two likely related Mojang bug tracker issues: [1] [2]
    Lastly, I have found a jar mod that tries fixing this (link, scroll down a bit), but it doesn't seem to work in a modded environment.
    So, would it be possible to add an option (preferentially a config one, since it might impact performance a bit) to force the server's view distance to a minimum of 10, in single player? No idea if this is the best way to tackle this problem, however, so if it isn't asking too much I'd be thankful if you could look a bit more into it as well.

if your setup works with optifine you can use the 'load far' setting that provides to do this, but if you need to set your view-distance below far even with fastcraft, you really need to install optifine anyway.

• if your setup works with optifine you can use the 'load far' setting that provides to do this, but if you need to set your view-distance below far even with fastcraft, you really need to install optifine anyway.

I've tried that, but there doesn't seem to be any change. MultiplayerChunkCache in the F3 stats remains the same, and Opis doesn't say any more chunks get loaded.

• Player, I tried your tip, but to be honest I didn't know what I was looking for. Nothing seemed out of order based off of my little experience with java.

• I was wondering, was fastcraft built using an intel build? Because I get amazing performance increases, but when my friend uses the same pack, he has equivalent hardware but has an amd processor. We have noticed it seems to actually not help his performance at all.

On my wifes laptop (which is using an intel processor) it really helps performance on her computer.

So i was just wondering if this was coded to work better for intel hardware?

• Official Post

Razorskills: I'm actually mostly developing on Intel CPUs with HD2000 - HD4000 GPUs, so that may have some impact. But really FastCraft isn't currently aiming much for steady state performance. It can do a lot against lag spikes or when your world becomes complex enough to slow your game down otherwise, including servers starting to saturate the 50 ms they have.

ate0ate: Those crashes are as far as I'm aware never caused by FastCraft, the stack trace is just showing a transparent detection hook.
    What probably happened there is that for some reason a block received an invalid metadata value. If you can still run commands, e.g. through the dedicated server console, editing your player nbt to spawn elsewhere or teleporting away fast enough, you may be able to use sampler to find the position of the broken block(s) with "/sampler find com.scottkillen.mod.koresample.common.block.SlabBlock --unloaded --meta=7" and then use setBlock or world edit to change the block to air.