Electric fences

• Electric Fences:

I had the idea of fences that damage players/mobs that touch the electric fences. The basic idea is to kill mobs that try to kill you if you are in your base. I think a fence that kills them automatically (because stupid mobs run into it) would be a pretty cool thing because I am getting tired of mobs trying to attack my while I am crafting and even if I have a closed base their sounds can piss me off sometimes :D
    Sure you need EU to power them I think 128EU/t would be fine for them to run. There damage should also be higher than unisolated cable and also they are higher because of the fact they are fences.

My suggestion for a recipe would be:

top: 3x iron fence
    mid: copper cable | electronic circuit | copper cable
    bottom: 3x iron fence

that would give you 6 electric fences.

I think it could be a nice little addition and iron fences are not really used that often.

Let me know what you think.

And black to the blind we seem to be.

• Official Post

I disagree that separate electric fences are needed, simply that a tesla coil with iron fences attached should turn the iron fences electric. That way the tesla coil is more useful, as well as iron fences, and it makes as much sense that the tesla coil electrified the fence than sticking some bare wire does.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I disagree that separate electric fences are needed, simply that a tesla coil with iron fences attached should turn the iron fences electric. That way the tesla coil is more useful, as well as iron fences, and it makes as much sense that the tesla coil electrified the fence than sticking some bare wire does.

That is a nice idea. I really don't know why I had this weird idea of another fence type :D I think I just forgot that no one uses the basic iron fences 8)
    But yeah I agree 100% with you.

• I still think there should be more then just wire connected to iron fences because this would be pretty cheap. I like the idea with the tesla coil to power the iron fences. Only thing is would the tesla coil still have its natural effect if connected to iron fences? And how much iron fences could be powered by one tesla coil? I think 10 fences on each side would be minimum.

• Official Post

Only thing is would the tesla coil still have its natural effect if connected to iron fences?

If it had, it would have to have a tiny radius, because of the massive power draw the fence would have.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• If it had, it would have to have a tiny radius, because of the massive power draw the fence would have.

Yeah that would be the way to go. Something like per 5 connected fences the radius of the tesla coil decreases by one block. That means if you connect 20 iron fences the tesla coil only damages mobs/players touching the coil itself. Btw. that would be a pretty cool way to change the radius of the tesla coil for mob farms too :D

• Official Post

The point is not for it to be as real as possible, it's to make the tesla coil and iron fence more useful :P

I see this too much.