Haiku Thread

• This thread is dedicated to the publishment and discussion of Haikus.

What is a Haiku?
    A Haiku a short poem that originated somewhere in Japan. It is always three lines long, with five syllables on the first line, seven syllables on the second line, and five on the last. Most often Haikus are about nature, although they can be about anything.

Example Haikus:
    (Note: I didn't make any of these)

The Earth is hollow
    smoky sun at it's center-
    woolly mammoths thrive

Haikus are easy
    But sometimes don't make sense
    Refrigerator

The green has arrived
    tiny buds yawn and wake up
    anticipating

Feel free to post any Haikus you've created in this thread :)

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Haikus are not so
    easy but they are still fun
    I ate a toadstool

You see, when you open new doors, there is a price to pay. Now imagine... tonight, you look under your bed, and, lo and behold, you find a monster! And you're immediately eaten. Now, if you hadn't looked for the monster, you wouldn't have found it and you'd still be happy in your beds, instead of being slowly digested in the stomach sack of the creature. But, with any luck, your sister or your brothers might have heard your screams, and your endeavor will serve as a valuable lesson to them.

• What is with you guys
    obsessing over haikus
    you are all insane

Haikus are awesome
    They get all the ladies; mate bait :thumbup:
    Makes you tough as nails

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• My army Marches on
    The emperor takes earth
    universe is mine now

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• lol wut wut.
    This thread is still here.
    lol wut wut.

• This thread is mine
    it is now my propreta
    death to my foes now

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• 2 questions:
    1.:does Haiku have 3 syllables(Ha-i-ku), or 2(Hai-ku)
    2.:I remember faintly that the last line had 3 syllables. What is it now, 3 or 5?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

I think Haiku has two syllables, I say it as "Ha" (like you're laughing) and 'K' (like the letter).

• This is not haiku
    Too many syllables on
    The final section

Actually, the last line is perfectly fine, this was an unintended rhyme, that another one, and the first line is missing a syllable. I couldn't think of a Haiku to express that, though, so(as you might have noticed already), normal text here.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

Edited once, last by blub01 ().

Wikipedia sais that Haikus have usually 17 syllables, but as european syllables contain more information than japanese ones, many people use 10-14 syllables without loosing the meaning, so both 5-7-5 and 5-7-3 are correct.

• Meh. I prefer a standard, but whatever works.

• this one is definitely not from me, as it's the signature of Nanomanz, but I'll post it anyway, because it is cool, although it is not entirely correct, because according to my sister(which has learned japanese), Haiku is spoken "Hai-ku".

Haikus are poems
    they do not always make sense
    potato

EDIT:

A version of it with correct syllables would be:

Haikus, they are poems
    they do not always make sense
    potato

• I hope you know that
    Potato doesn't have five
    syllables dude lol

and i thought that we
    were suppossed to only
    reply with haiku

i am trying hard
    guys, but i cannot do this
    on my own, people

Now you see me, now you don't...