• Official Post

While it needs some improvement, you're totally wrong that people don't use it.
    The little kids don't, the big ones does. You should look at kirara server, for example, where me and greg plays.

(note: gregtech adds several new crops)

A "bit" of work and you swim in resources, more and faster than if i used bees.

• While it needs some improvement, you're totally wrong that people don't use it.
    The little kids don't, the big ones does. You should look at kirara server, for example, where me and greg plays.

(note: gregtech adds several new crops)

A "bit" of work and you swim in resources, more and faster than if i used bees.

It still needs improvement however.

• Official Post

The point with that is Greg adds crops. In normal IC2 the only thing I go for is coffee and hops because brewing is also under used and fun, and occasionally I get the iron and gold plants, but that's pretty much it. If IC2 had even half the crops GT added, it would be much more worth while.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

IC2 could incorporate GT crops, its a matter of the devs getting to an agreement. I'm for the incorporation.
    It would boost IC2 farming base considerably, where it can compete with bees.

By the way, crops need more biome support for the "bonus" statuses. Currently swamp is the most preferred due the +2 nutrient and +2 humidity bonus.
    Extreme hills for example should give a +1 nutrient +1 humidity, but also +4 air quality.
    River would give a +1 nutrient and +5 humidity.
    I could continue, but i'm sleepy.

• Official Post

Crops were essentially the last big thing that Alblaka added before vanishing. There isn't really a great guide anywhere, but there are some about which are pretty good.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I think we need GT crops re-added, as well as some crop retexturing. Other things to fix:
    Tiers of cropsticks (better materials increase resistance and weedkilling abilities)
    New cropmatron/fertilizer system

Basically the crops are too weak and finnicky for "normal" users, though with the addition of GT crops they are amazing. I cannot list a single person on Kirara who doesn't use crops extensively.

Also WAILA support... so we can tell what crops we have not just <crop>

• I think we need GT crops re-added, as well as some crop retexturing. Other things to fix:
    Tiers of cropsticks (better materials increase resistance and weedkilling abilities)
    New cropmatron/fertilizer system

Basically the crops are too weak and finnicky for "normal" users, though with the addition of GT crops they are amazing. I cannot list a single person on Kirara who doesn't use crops extensively.

Also WAILA support... so we can tell what crops we have not just

Not sure if IC2 wants to support many more mods then NEI and buildcraft :p

I'd support some retexturing though, especially weeds, for beginners they look much like wheat seeds.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• The newest IC2, and BuildCraft are actually incompatible with each-other.

Well, that's strange... someone report that to mantis yet?

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

Buildcraft 6.1 is very much alpha, so you can't expect IC2 to be out right compatible, when nearly everyone uses the stable 6.0.17 build instead

I see this too much.