Why there is no simple IC2 server

• Do you prefer ? 20

1. Server many mods (Gregtech, buildcraft, railcraft...) (9) 45%
    2. Server with IC² only (6) 30%
    3. Single player many mods (Gregtech, buildcraft, railcraft...) (5) 25%
    4. Single player IC² only (0) 0%

Hello,

Thanks to Foghrye4 and SpwnX, I'm currently playing with a friend into a private homemade server with only IndustrialCraft experimental plugin.

All is include in industrialCraft, you can move your item with ejector upgrade, hooper and sorting machine. (not need buildcraft or others)
    The game is more equilibrate I think, and very interesting to play.

So why there is no public / semi-public (whitelist) server like that with only industrial craft.

Or if exist where to find them ?

• Hello - i'm trying now to get new liquid reactor to run so it might be fun :) I have my own server for few friends without greg tech and forestry, so if you like buildcraft + newest ic2 and few other small addons, then let me know. We play survival only with white list. As i'm mostly one who plays with ic2 i will welcome company :) (we do not have pvp unless both sides agree :) )

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• It's pretty rare to find a modded server with only one mod. The larger ones try to cater to the largest amount of players, so they will have several mods to try and cater to everybody's needs. A smaller server, like yours, will be private.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• I would play. Maybe not pure IC2, but IC2, BC, IC2 addons (the "small" ones, not GT) and some basic utility mods, like backpacks, iron chests. Would be nice to focus on a couple of mods and not having the easy way out with having 10 different ways to do one thing.

I usually end up playing on a heavily over-modded server, because that's what my family likes ;) But if anybody had a simple IC2 server, I'd love to play (no PvP or at least PvP contained to some kind of arena is a must).

Actually, VirMan, your server sounds fun :)

• No problem :) i hope geolocation will not cause lags - server is in europe :) - for me GT is an overkill - IC2 exp even if buggy at current state is better than old completelly abstract mods. We enabled cable loses btw. so it is more fun to design working cirtcuits. I pm'ed big guys here about helping coding ic2 but no reply yet.

"Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• thx. I really liked this game ;) and i would love to contribute to sth really nice.

• You know, a server like this actually sounds interesting. It's like an almost vanilla server. On one hand, modded server never see the beautiful builds that vanilla servers have, but on the other hand, modded servers have a lot more stuff to do if you aren't much of a builder type. Something like this could be a good balance between the two. However I think you can still improve it, even if you want IC2 to be the only main mod in the pack, it's still worth getting some addons, and maybe some other minor mods like Carpenter's Blocks.

• i think there are alot people frustrated with modpacks being imballanced and overbloated with stuff that is duplicating itself. I'mthinking of creating modpack based on our current server. (ic2 exp + buildrcraft + railcraft + hunger overhaul + mo creatures + custom spawner + ic2nc and few others ) If only ic2 will be more beta than experimental i would see this going as ready server and client pack. You can always visit our world to check out how it works in practice :) ( just don;t craft/use ic2 dynamite because currently it causes mcedit fixing ;) )

• i think there are alot people frustrated with modpacks being imballanced and overbloated with stuff that is duplicating itself. I'mthinking of creating modpack based on our current server. (ic2 exp + buildrcraft + railcraft + hunger overhaul + mo creatures + custom spawner + ic2nc and few others ) If only ic2 will be more beta than experimental i would see this going as ready server and client pack. You can always visit our world to check out how it works in practice :) ( just don;t craft/use ic2 dynamite because currently it causes mcedit fixing ;) )

IC2-Experimental is more stable than most 'stable' mods for 1.7.10. And if you find a bug, just report it to TD and he'll fix it within a week ;)

• IC2-Experimental is more stable than most 'stable' mods for 1.7.10. And if you find a bug, just report it to TD and he'll fix it within a week ;)

This is fair assesment - i play this quite often fith some people and we cannot say bad word about it. (excpet dynamite bug- but guys probably needs some break :) )