Change the way we make steel (refined iron)

• I remember we talked about making steel, you guys said that to make steel, we need to remove the impureties and the excess carbon from the iron, I agree with you, but I think that the iron ingot should be pure iron, so this is my suggestion :

Keep the blast furnace like it is, but also add a charcoal dust slot.

But here is the change :

If you want to make steel, you have now 2 choices, the first one use crushed iron (from macerating iron ore), if you put it in the blast furnace, it will only use the air cells (use 5 air cells per steel) and because it has to much carbon, it will give you 1 steel per crushed ore and 2 slag.

The second choice is to use 1 iron ingot and 1 charcoal dust (by macerating charcoal), it will use one air cell, one charcoal dust and one iron ingot, giving you at the end 1 steel and one slag, because one charcoal dust is still too much carbon for making steel.

So that's my idea, :P

• doubt that will come to pass.. too complicated and offers no benifits at all other then to be more "real" which is not required...

its a nice idea but since its already in and has rules i feel leave it alone unless there is a need for more then one type of steel

• But it's that way steel was supposed to be maked, on another thread, Spwnx told me that steel we make nowadays is be purifying iron from it's excess carbon.

So my suggestion is logic, iron ingots in minecraft are pure, so to make steel with them, you need carbon, because the iron ingot is composed of pure Fe.

But if you want to make steel faster, aka "I don't want to wash/centrifuge/smelt my crushed iron to convert it into pure iron and then add carbon for making steel", you can just put it in the blast furnace, use air cells, and it will remove the excess carbon from the crushed iron to make steel.

;)