Help With Configs

• Hello, can someone help me with the new 1.7.10 configs, there's a disable recipe option, but it's different now, and I want to disable the : glowstone dust, iron dust, tin bucket and bronze recipe please.

• I'm pretty sure those things still have their own seperate configs, except for bronze maybe.
    I think for the disabled recipes section you just put the disabled item's internal name, which you can find through various mods.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• No, it's now in the normal config, it says put the id name (minecraft:example) for disabling the recipes, but there's a way to do it, but I don't know how, it will be better if they put the old configuration for that :c

• On a similar note I was looking to change some recipes in IC2.

I want to remove some of the metal dust recipes as there are some exploits smelting the dust back into ingots with the mod pack I've put together. Most of the recipes that use the dust are easy enough to fix as I can just disable them in the config and then add a changed recipe with another mod I have. The question I need answered is if I can change recipes for the blast furnace from requiring iron dust for steel from the IC2 config files or will I have to edit the .jar using the API?

• On a similar note I was looking to change some recipes in IC2.

I want to remove some of the metal dust recipes as there are some exploits smelting the dust back into ingots with the mod pack I've put together. Most of the recipes that use the dust are easy enough to fix as I can just disable them in the config and then add a changed recipe with another mod I have. The question I need answered is if I can change recipes for the blast furnace from requiring iron dust for steel from the IC2 config files or will I have to edit the .jar using the API?

Now this is just bonkers o_O

Okay, uh, where do I start...

Most of the changes you want to do are better off doing with Minetweaker. Definely do not remove dust smelting, that's ridiculous, it makes the Thermal Centrifuge and Tiny Dusts useless. You can disable macerating ingots into dusts, but if that causes exploits, then something is seriously wrong. The Blast Furnace doesn't require Iron Dust, it can use any form of Iron, even the raw ore.And DO NOT Edit the jar, you can't even do that with the api, there are better and easier(and also ALLOWED) ways to change the recipes.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Now this is just bonkers o_O

Okay, uh, where do I start...

Most of the changes you want to do are better off doing with Minetweaker. Definely do not remove dust smelting, that's ridiculous, it makes the Thermal Centrifuge and Tiny Dusts useless. You can disable macerating ingots into dusts, but if that causes exploits, then something is seriously wrong. The Blast Furnace doesn't require Iron Dust, it can use any form of Iron, even the raw ore.And DO NOT Edit the jar, you can't even do that with the api, there are better and easier(and also ALLOWED) ways to change the recipes.

Thanks alot for such a quick response, I'm a bit of a novice at this stuff. That theory was cobbled together after a few hours of searching round the net.

• Official Post

Refined Iron is ore dictionary'd with steel anyway, so making it from steel dust seems unnecessary, unless you want the only way to make steel by using the blast furnace.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.