Help with pump and canning machine

• Hi!
    Please help.
    IC2.2.657
    First question about pump. I'm placing pump under the water source, power it (red arrow at pump block present) - but pump not taking water. What the problem?
    Second question about canning machine. I need to fill it with water. As i read - there are two ways to do that - with pump (but it is not working) or to fill it with water manual. But when i set there water and select mode - fill tank with water - it fill water at RIGHT tank (not left). After that i can't use canning machine (water tank is wrong) and can't empty tank with mode (from tank to cell), because it again take water from left tank, which is empty...
    What i'm doing wrong?

Thank for you answer and sorry for my English/

• Well, i understand, that pump must bu IN water to work perfect and fill canning machine. But I still can't understand, how to fill canning machine manually...

• And fluids can be manually added to a canning machine by shift-right clicking on the machine while holding the filled fluid container (bucket, cell, Universal Fluid Cell, etc). Be warned though: Adding fluids manually to a canning machine will not prep it to enrich or fill; one manually filled, the fluid needs to be transferred to a second canning machine via a fluid ejector upgrade to be put in the proper tank.

• And fluids can be manually added to a canning machine by shift-right clicking on the machine while holding the filled fluid container (bucket, cell, Universal Fluid Cell, etc). Be warned though: Adding fluids manually to a canning machine will not prep it to enrich or fill; one manually filled, the fluid needs to be transferred to a second canning machine via a fluid ejector upgrade to be put in the proper tank.

1. I just checked with build 654, and sneak+right click (doesn't specifically have to be shift, I remapped sneak to Ctrl to be more like the Morrowind interface that I got used to, so I use that instead) to add fluids to a canning machine only works with universal fluid cells, not buckets or cells.
    2. doing that to manually add fluids to a canning machine puts them in the left tank, so you don't need a second canning machine or fluid ejector upgrade to prepare for enrich/fill mode.