[Addon v1.23][SSP] CustomNuclearItems v1.1.0

• Name: CustomNuclearItems
    Summary: some modifications that let's modders add there custom items without changing the nuclear reactor itself.

Description:

ever want to make an custom item for your reactor, but never wanted to change the ic2's nuclear reactor itself?
    well now it's possible with the changes this addon creates you can make custom items just by implementing some interfaces into you code :)
    isn't that easy?

or if you want to use some of the items then this changes let you use those items found in the next post

no pic's because I only change code and didn't add some custom items to the game (yet, after balancing maybe)

Download:
    mediafire - CustomNuclearItems v1.1.0 for IC2 1.23 users_version
    CutomNuclearItems1.1.0.zip <- forum download link

for anyone who want to mod it => api (extract in you mcp directory)

Installation:
    drag and drop into you industrialcraft jar (needed because it changes some of the industrialcraft base files :/)

Version history:

• v1.0 initial release
    • v1.1 fixed some errors with the heatdispenser
    • added optional download for an example item
    • fixed some heat dispenser bugs
    • 1.1.0: upgraded to IC² 1.23

Credits:
    Code 7Roses
    also thanks to Drashian for looking into the code for possible errors

todo:
    - a way of adding custom blocks and there cooling value to outside cooling (so not interacting heat with them)
    - a way of exchanging heat with blocks who could accept/send heat.
    - other suggestions are always welcome

ps.: it's my first mod for mc so please don't attack me if it doesn't work correct directly.

English -> not my lang, so sorry for the mistakes. (can be the dyslexia too :/)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• possible items you can add:

you need the CustomNuclearItems pack for every addon, this because it modifies the ic2's basecode of the reactor and also add some stuff to ic2
    if you have made some custom items and want to post them send a message and I will add you custom item(s pack) to this post

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the

• Wow that is pretty cool: I am very excited about what other things may come of this!
    I forsee much easier creation of perfect breeders with this
    As you may see below I had an idea for a new Item I cant make it myself but I would be very glad if you could do it for me

thanks for this :)

• Wow that is pretty cool: I am very excited about what other things may come of this!
    I forsee much easier creation of perfect breeders with this
    how much health (heat capacity) do each of the items have? is it 10 000 like the default items?

the iridiumNuclearItem pack uses the same default 10 000 heat points for an item, but everyone can create it's own items with custom damage values :)

and about your not error error I will add that into the OP so nobody will have to miss understand my anymore

• Thanks I have already designed a perfect breeder with your custom items (attached)
    it has the four bottom middle blocks filled with glass 4 blocks of air and the rest filled with flowing water to keep the perfect balance
    the heat production is cut neatly in half between internal and external cooling and it just works!

Edit:
    I just liked the look of them there XD I knew that they would not absorb heat from anywhere actually that was sort of the point

• nice :) but there will be little changes shortly,
    because I found a bug into the indirect heat spreading pattern :s
    but your design should work after that too ;)
    also those heat absorbing cells can't absorb heat out the hull only from other cooling items :/

• nice idea, but should it be cooling itself ?
    I think if it's has that amount of heat storage it is already a great addition,
    and for the sprite -> I can't sprite so well so that was indeed a copy of the lavacell, but I will try to change the image (it did bother me too :p)

also that adv. heat absorber would it only exchange heat with plating and heat dispensers? or with other cooling elements to? (it would be a bit overpowerd if it did I think, so I'm currently programming it to only interact with platings and heatdispensers)

• already coding it :p ;)

• Edited to remove added items. once again thanks :)

Ok the next item is called "Compound Coolant Cell"
    its an upgraded by 20% coolant cell
    Stats:
    HP 12000
    Cooling 1.2/tick

just change the numbers of the coolant cell no special abilities here
    (recipe below)

the sprite should be a Coolant Cell with the bottom 2 pixels of the bar our purple color and the next two up a mix of the purple and coolant blue (you only need to change those four pixels)

• love the use of eu for cooling idea,
    and no I'm fine with getting idea's, I'm not so creative myself so you ideas will help to create items,
    any idea if you want them as separate mods or added to another itemPack
    next update of my op posts will contain the extended heat Pack (the heat absorb plate and the advanced heat sink will be into that) and the already existing Iridium Items pack.

• umm could you possibly make a seperate pack including all my suggested items and the heat Absorber (I use it to craft things)
    call it the "Enhanced pack" thanks :)

the Enhanced Heat Pack ? (heat because it's especially fixated on the heating of a reactor, not on extra energy/ uranium manipulations)

• Hum, has anyone though of using iridium plates for sole purpose of energy generation alone?

Idea that has been moving around my head is this: Design Mark V class reactor, in other words, reactor designed to produce as much as heat as possbile and at the same time cram as much as practically possbile iridium heat conveters into it. Just leave reactor running for few minutes, enough to heat up converters near the point of melting, then shut reactor down.

If you managed to cram enough heat converters into reactor, the cooling of these components itself should produce similar ammount of EU as some cheap Mark I reactors.

Of course it's hellishly expensive to construct iridium-plates-only reactor, however when you actually do it, you could increase longetivity of single uranium cell >9000-times. Not to mention gigantic energy bursts during heat-up phase (200EU/t should be common).

(Of course, this reactor is TMI'ed - produces ~250EU/t during heat-up phase, and then around ~20EU/t during cooldown - all components heat-up/cool down equally, just a prototype before i build smething similar in my main world >:-) ).

• I understand your idea however the problem is that the iridium components do not generate EU from stored heat.
    what you could do (and I have done) is make a Mark I out of what would of been a mark II by replacing all cooling elements with Heat converters.
    and thus you get more efficiency out of your uranium (which is actually power produced / amount of uran cells / 5)

Edit: I assumed that this was not the case since I simply turned off the reactor with Redstone. while watching the Converters cool down I saw that no power was produced this might be a possible bug that you should look into.
    good method of research, well done :)

@ 7Roses yes I am sorry for not sending you test result before I have been having trouble with minecraft 1.7.3 in particular MLMP which in a fit of insanity I deleted and was unable to redownload before today testing will commence when I get home today and I am once again sorry for the inconvenience.

about an advanced upgraded heat converter It cant be made yet because the recipe would require a Forcefeild generator surrounded by 4 iridium and 4 heat converters. it would have the stats of cooling 12 heat (yes very op) and producing 4 EU/t (it uses 2 EU/t to help cool itself) the fact that to make one you would have needed to use up over an entire stack of UU Matter and a forcefeild generator slightly offsets the OPness I think
    my thoughts go like this:
    small low tech uses up lots of resources for less energy > higher tech and processed items give more energy > high tech gives near godlike powers and uber energy gain with absurd resource usage.

• :p well nice to mention that design,
    with next version it will be even possible to create more designs for breeders because the basic package will be able (if configured) to warm the reactor from the outside.
    I know it will also create a cheat version of the Geothermal Generator if you have installed the Iridium Nuclear Items Pack :/

FourFire: can you send me some test results? then I can start reviewing the found bugs/adding new content.

• FourFire:
    Hum, that's wierd... Iv'e heated up an iridium heat converter, and placed it in into empty & cool reactor (heat = 0). Reactor produced 1EU/t untill heat converter cooled down. Am i missing something?

So, this is where it gets wierd, since reactor is completly cool, and only irididum heat converter inside, it shouldn't produce anything.

This is how I pumped heat into iridum plate (note, this is another reactor):

function:
    this item can when it gets heat transform this heat back to eu's
    yea you read it good now even you heat is eu's worth.
    (it only can transform 2heat points into 1eu every reactor tick so don't think this is magic)

this is the description of that element,
    so you => every 2 damage of the item will be converted to 1 eu,
    (if you use heat dispensers and manage the outward cooling to 0 then you nuclear reactor can function as a geotherminal generator and change very lavacell into 20k eu with the risk of blowing your reactor if you put to much of them at once :p)

• as every lava bucket turns into 2000 reactor heat, you would only be able to (at 100% efficiency) generate 1000 EU per lavabucket (lavacells dont work in reactors)
    however you could use many at the same time meaning that you would effectively swap 95% of energy for a quick burst of energy.
    Reactor using this concept: http://test.vendaria.net/index…IIIXXIIHIXXIHIIXXIIIHIIHI
    with the :Depleted Cell: as heat converters
    this would allow you to convert 12 buckets of lava into 12k EU in 6:15