Massive memory consumption.

• Hello. I have a huge problem... Let's begin with how it started. I had my own modpack for MC 1.6.4, but since all mods continued to be developed and updated for MC 1.7.10 decided to update my modpack to version 1.7.10. Everything was fine, assembled modpack, played for few hours to test mod settings. Then put it aside for few weeks. When finally decided to play - problem occurred, Minecraft started to use up all available memory, I have 8GB of RAM, i have set parameter -Xmx5G -Xms4G, deleted resource pack but problem still persists, deleted everything except mods, re-downloaded and tried again with default mod settings (deleted folder so they can create fresh settings) and nothing, problem still actual. Even tried to use parameter -XX:PermSize=5G -XX:MaxPermSize=5G (I played 1.6.4 with this parameter). Strange thing is that I now have less mods than I had in 1.6.4 so memory consumption should be even less.

I have JAVA 8.31 64-bit, Forge version 10.13.2.1291, 8GB of RAM. I'm out of ideas. What could be the problem? Is some mod causing memory leaks, how to learn which one?

• It really depends how the mods are coded. If there are mods that have memory leaks in it you surely have more Memory usage.
    From IC2 Addons in 1.6.4 i know only 1 that has a memory leak. (Even so he says it is a lie.)

• Try decreasing the heap size (XmX, Xms), 4/5 GB may be pushing it. Minecraft, the OS and other programs need a substantial amount outside the heap.

that actually fixed it :D I lowered it a little and now it consumes less memory and it's playable. I feel embarrassed now, I used this parameter wrong :whistling: I had similar problem in 1.6.4 modpack, so I used PermSize parameter there instead.