Suggestion: Diagonal interactions for reactor components?

• I apologize if its already been suggested as my search didn't turn anything up, but I wanted to ask if modifying the way reactor items work currently would be feasible. Specifically if uranium cells much less other reactor components interacting diagonally in would be feasable rather then the current 4-way interaction. The reason I propose this is simple, besides aiding in reactor cooling it would also double the number of spaces that can interact with a given block over the current system. For example, (ignoring cooling for the moment) a simple 2x2 cell core each fuel element would pulse one then (if my math is right) twice more a tick for a total of 12 pulses a tick. If diagonal interaction was added each cell would gain an additional 'neighbor' for an extra pulse which would increase the total core pulses/tick by 4 to 16 or a 1.3 gain in output with no other changes. For a 3x3 core its the corner cells currently pulse 3 times, its mid-outer cells pulse 4 times, and its center 5 times for a total of 33 pulses/tick. With diagonals factoring in the corners would gain an additional pulse/tick, the mid-outer cells would gain 2 pulses/tick, and the center an additional 4 pulses/tick for a total of an extra 16 pulses/tick and an overall rate of 46 pulses/tick or a gain of almost 1.5.

This would also affect cooling, since the same effect that allows cores to increase their output would also allow a single block to be serviced by up to double the number of coolant cells and heat diverters.

• Yes it is true that you would ~double reactor power the whole setup would become unbalanced compared to the rarity of uranium, resource cost and setup time for nuclear reactors a balance which has already been reconsidered and debated in this forum
    personally I think that using the extra Reactor components plugin we will be better off designing new and better Components to use in the reactor rather than adjusting the reactor mechanics itself personally I think that this would make reactors more complicated, something that not all of us want or need.

• Yes it is true that you would ~double reactor power the whole setup would become unbalanced compared to the rarity of uranium, resource cost and setup time for nuclear reactors a balance which has already been reconsidered and debated in this forum
    personally I think that using the extra Reactor components plugin we will be better off designing new and better Components to use in the reactor rather than adjusting the reactor mechanics itself personally I think that this would make reactors more complicated, something that not all of us want or need.

Don't think it makes it more complicated than it is now. I have trouble figuring out where everything goes as it is, and it is hard getting used to cardinal interactions.

If we had diagonal interactions, it would make quad bars in a square formation a more powerful reaction (which makes more sense in every way) than if you had them lined up.

More components would either make the current components obsolete, or make it more complicated. Take your pick :)