Nuclear synthesis of Iridium

• I don't think that this suggestion even has a chance, but it would be cool, if you could synthesize Iridium in a Nuclear Reactor. You would need a 5x5 Reactor with extra Chambers or something like that. I dont know wich material you could start with, because IC² does not have Tungsten or Osmium.

• The IC2 nuclear reactor is a fission reactor, and making iridium from tungsten or osmium would be a fusion reaction. As far as atomic numbers go, the closest to iridium that exists with just IC2 is gold.
    I searched online and didn't find anything saying this would work in real life, but I thought of a semi-believable way to do it in IC2: induce alpha decay in the gold by surrounding it with radioactive fuels - e.g. put a fuel rod filled with gold dust in a reactor, and surround it with 4 uranium/mox fuel rods (maybe require quads, but thorium rods would be insufficient). The gold fuel rod wouldn't actually produce heat or EU, but once it becomes depleted, it could be thermal-centrifuged for a small amount of iridium.

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…_produced_via_irradiation

The starting material captures a Neutron and then decays into the product. I don't know how this is done in Real-Life, however i think, that the starting material is in some sort of blanket. This would be perfect to balance, because you obviously need to extract the products. Maybe you could just place plates of the starting material near a fuel rod. In any case, the Reactor won't produce any power.