Help with engines

• 1st time playing IC2 and I'm trying to set up a quarry. If I only use
    stirling engines, the engines will keep overheating (I can cooldown the engines powering the quarry, but not the one near the pump and the tank). If I use combustion
    engines, the water won't be pumped to the engine. I don't know what's
    wrong! I have a pump and an engine in a lake, pumping water to a tank.
    The other engine pumping water to the quarry engines. What am I doing
    wrong? I'm using the proper pipes, I don't know what to do anymore!

• Official Post

Sounds like you're actually using the Buildcraft mod not IC2.

Anyway, the reason your engines are overheating is because pumps don't need that much power, so the stirling generator ends up not outputting everything it generates, hence it overheats. You could always use redstone engines to power the pump, but with later versions of Buildcraft I'm pretty sure you have to enable that in the config file, otherwise they don't work at all. Another option you'd have is to have your engines go into conductive pipes, then connect both the quarry and the pump up, so the pump will get power when it needs it, but the excess can go into the quarry, stopping the engines overheating.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.