The reactor planner won't open.

• I know this isn't something from your mod or something you control, but it's related to IC2. The new experimental reactor planner won't open. I did try to open it(double-click it), but it woudn't do anything. it just loads for a second and does nothing. like a program that won't open(well, exactly like a program that won't open). Is it that i have windows 10? and i do have java.

• Sorry I took so long to respond to your multiple attempts to contact me about this, but it works for me, and I think several other forum members have used it sucessfully, so I need a bit more information to figure out why it isn't working for you:
    1. Does the standalone V3 planner open for you?
    2. If you run the experimental planner from command line, does it give any error message? (running it by double-clicking generally leaves Java with nowhere to show error messages)

• Sorry I took so long to respond to your multiple attempts to contact me about this, but it works for me, and I think several other forum members have used it sucessfully, so I need a bit more information to figure out why it isn't working for you:
    1. Does the standalone V3 planner open for you?
    2. If you run the experimental planner from command line, does it give any error message? (running it by double-clicking generally leaves Java with nowhere to show error messages)

1. Yes, it opens perfectly fine for me.

2. i Didn't exactly know what you mean by that, so i looked it up here and opened it, and again, nothing happened.

And yes, i did download the latest version of your planner, and did try to open older versions.

• Okay, hadn't noticed before that using the filename of the jar by itself on command line would work (I think with older versions of Java and/or Windows it wouldn't), but that still suppresses error messages.

Could you please try the following command to see if it shows any error messages:

Code
    java -jar Ic2ExpReactorPlanner.jar
  • Okay, hadn't noticed before that using the filename of the jar by itself on command line would work (I think with older versions of Java and/or Windows it wouldn't), but that still suppresses error messages.

Could you please try the following command to see if it shows any error messages:

Code
    java -jar Ic2ExpReactorPlanner.jar

Ok, so i tried that, and, the Planner opened! But is there a convenient way of doing that? like making a command prompt file that when opened will open your file?

Edit: Just looked at the opened cmd prompt and saw an error that showed up when the planner opened(nothing happened to the planner): WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.

• I'm not sure what could lead to that warning message (unless maybe you're logged into Windows as "Guest") or why running it with that command would suddenly allow the planner to display when double-clicking the file didn't work.

I have an idea for how to eliminate it, but it involves removing a feature, so I will have to ask others on the main thread about my planner to make sure it won't upset people.

In the meantime, making a batch file with that command should work for you.