Suggestion : Power Outlets

• Ever wanted to power machines with a single HV cable? But don't want to have the machines powered all the time. Such as Miners and Mass Fab's.

Behold! The power outlet. Just like a power socket in your house, it allows power to be turned on and off at will. Saving power during the night if you use solar power or if you go on an adventure to find more resources.

Since the MFSU's are buggy in the fact that they emit power once they are full if they have been redstoned, the power outlet seems a proper choice.

It would come in 2 flavours. LV outlet and a MV outlet.

Recipes would be like so:

LV Outlet:

T L. T is the Low voltage transformer and the L is a Lever.

It would be the same for a MV Outlet but with a MV Transformer

• Emitting power when full while redstone powered is not a bug, it is a tool that allows one to use excess power when needed. I mean I the energy has nowhere else to go. I mean you could power a mass fabricator or even another MFSU on excess power if you wanted to.

• ahem, I find no problem with the current system, and if you realy want to turn something off, remove a cable and stash it in a chest and replace it later...
    also, whats the problem with extra energy overflowing?

• ahem, I find no problem with the current system, and if you realy want to turn something off, remove a cable and stash it in a chest and replace it later...

I think its more that it overflows in the wrong direction, namely into you mass fabricator, rather than to your machines.

Say you want to have a dedicated power supply to mass fab's. But don't want to run them all the time. I put a lever on MFSU, it charged up to 10mil then began to emit power to the Mass Fab's. It would better to not emit any power until you turn off the lever or remove it.

It could also be helpful if you have many machine running of a single copper cable in parallel. Say you want your compressor to run for a bit then turn it off then run your macerator for a bit.

It's just an suggestion/idea that could make power dividing easier.