Support Request: Problem running IC on server

• I have done the instructions per the tutorial a couple of times to make sure i did everything correctly but to no-avail. I can attempt to make a treetrap and the image will appear but then disappears right after...any clue as to why this would happen?

• Official Post

I have done the instructions per the tutorial a couple of times to make sure i did everything correctly but to no-avail. I can attempt to make a treetrap and the image will appear but then disappears right after...any clue as to why this would happen?

You're probably using SDK's Modloader. Try Using Flan's Version.

• hmm, well like i stated i followed the tutorial which says to use the flans mod which i did?! Any ideas why after building the treetrap it disappears right away?

• Official Post

hmm, well like i stated i followed the tutorial which says to use the flans mod which i did?! Any ideas why after building the treetrap it disappears right away?

The server's not recognizing the item (Much like it does when you try to craft a Bat-pack), so you probably didn't install it correctly. Did you copy the contents of the "server" folder into the server jar?

I posted a tutorial in the tutorials section of this forum of how to install it correctly (Also, make sure you have Flan's MLMP client side too).

• Official Post

well i got it to work single player mod, but still no luck on the dedicated server! frustrating!

You're using Both versions of Flan's MLMP with their correct jar file (Client side with Client side and Server with server) right? If you do a mix-n-match of the two, you won't be able to craft things properly.

• Well I have started from scratch, forced update to start fresh. Opened up winecraft.jar and applied the modloader then modloadermp and ic7.20. I then edited the confit files as stated on tutorial and put in .mincraft folder and bin folder. The problem I have now is the game will not launch and flashes an error that disappears the second it comes up!!! Grrr

• Official Post

Well I have started from scratch, forced update to start fresh. Opened up winecraft.jar and applied the modloader then modloadermp and ic7.20. I then edited the confit files as stated on tutorial and put in .mincraft folder and bin folder. The problem I have now is the game will not launch and flashes an error that disappears the second it comes up!!! Grrr

Error Log please.

• Looks like I got the single player mode workin again but not server. I downloaded a new " minecraft_server.jar " put in modloadermp server 1.6.5, then applied I.C7.20 and uploaded to server... Put config file in the same location of the minecraftserver file but stil no go. Did I miss something is there a option in the config file to turn it on for the server?

• Official Post

Looks like I got the single player mode workin again but not server. I downloaded a new " minecraft_server.jar " put in modloadermp server 1.6.5, then applied I.C7.20 and uploaded to server... Put config file in the same location of the minecraftserver file but stil no go. Did I miss something is there a option in the config file to turn it on for the server?

So you copied the contents of the "server" folder only from the IC zip correct?

• you believe me or not i have exactly the same problem

I will tell you exactly what i did.
    On a fresh minecraft folder i installed modloader and modloadermp and ic 7.20
    it works in single player

Then I took a new minecraft_server.jar and put modloadermp server 1.6.6 in it then ic 7.20 server
    Nothing more

It happens the same when i try to craft

Help me please

• Well, i turned of bukkit and tried to restart the server and got this error.

Notice: Starting Minecraft Server...
    Jun 22, 2011 4:52:44 PM ModLoader ThrowException
    Jun 22, 2011 4:52:44 PM net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer main
    SEVERE: Failed to start the minecraft server
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: dj.getNextWidowId()

any clue?

Edit: Ok, got it working... turned off bukkit and started with a new minecraft_server.jar... put in modloadermp server closed then uploaded to server for testing purposes and there where no problems i then put in the server folder contents in the .jar file and uploaded..... all is good.