[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Doesn't work with 191,192 and 193.

I dont have any error but i cant craft some items (like projectors and generators) BUT the upgrades/items are craftable!

edit: its right, that the blue cells are coolantcells, right?

wronged one item (coolantcell and the e.water cell)
    Works fine for me with the standard ids!

• Sorry but me again:D
    following bugs:
    rangeupgraded for generator doesnt work (or at least the generator doesnt show that its more)
    i cant save the freq of the projector (if i press "set" and close the gui and reopen it its on 0 again BUT its actually saved, just doesnt update)
    and i cant change the radius of the projector, if i press +/- nothing happens

• I can confirm : range upgrade is broken.

ALSO, the EU injector works but it no longer comes "on" like it did before.

And frequency doesn't save, yep. Just like you found out. It works but display is broken.

And yes, radius of projector will no longer change.

Mod is still unusably broken, actually worse than it was last beta :(

I hope you can fix these issues so we can actually use it!

• I can confirm : range upgrade is broken.

ALSO, the EU injector works but it no longer comes "on" like it did before.

And frequency doesn't save, yep. Just like you found out. It works but display is broken.

and you can't change the size of the area projector. always stays at 4

• Another bug found : the storage upgrades for the projector do not work, either.

And I just tried an area shield with an inhibitor and a directional projector inside the area shield boundary on a DIFFERENT frequency. Inhibitor still deleted the directional projector's shield.

Another bug : on log in and log out, the direction that directional projectors are facing is lost.

Just tried 2 area shields, on different frequencies, with an inhibitor on one of the area shields : the inhibitor still inhibits area shields.

Bug : The GUIDs by default conflict with the advanced machines mod.

Sheesh...I'd say there's at least 10 severe bugs so far, and we haven't tested everything. What exactly did you do to test your mod?

• Doesn't work with 191,192 and 193.

I dont have any error but i cant craft some items (like projectors and generators) BUT the upgrades/items are craftable!

edit: its right, that the blue cells are coolantcells, right?

Try electrolyzed water cells.

• :!::!: Break :!::!:

SSP OR SMP ?? the info is interesting :?::?:

this does sound like SMP Packet management Bug.

• SMP of course, what would the point of using this mod in SSP be? I dont think you should even release an SSP version, since creepers can't get through a cobblestone wall, you don't need an indestructible energy shield.

SMP of course, what would the point of using this mod in SSP be? I dont think you should even release an SSP version, since creepers can't get through a cobblestone wall, you don't need an indestructible energy shield.

hm for my volcano base :D ...

review the SMP for several hours.
    found major package manager bug (fixed)
    and some other things not to run in SMP as in the SSP

• Thunder, 99% of the players of your mod will be using it in SMP. I'd strongly recommend that you do 99% of your testing on the SMP version.

Also, latency can cause bugs of it's own...just testing on "localhost" isn't as good as testing on a remote server somewhere. If you have access to one, I'd recommend uploading your builds to there and testing it that way.

• Broken Storage Upgrade On Generator Core- FIXED
    Broken Range Upgrade on Generator Core - FIXED
    Unable to adjust area projector radius - FIXED
    Able to break into a shield of a different frequency using inhibitors - FIXED
    Tube Projectors Lose their Facing - FIXED
    EU Injector Doesn't Turn on - FIXED

Remaining bugs : Your block IDs still conflict with Buildcraft by default, and your GUI IDs with the advanced machines mod. However, these are minor...the mod works well enough to try it out on a live server.

Remaining bugs : Your block IDs still conflict with Buildcraft by default, and your GUI IDs with the advanced machines mod. However, these are minor...the mod works well enough to try it out on a live server.

Buildcraft 3.0.1 and 2.2.5 or Redpower 2 pre 4 not use Default Block ID 253,254,255 or do you mean an addon for it ?? if so, which one?
    Unfortunately there is no doc who uses which id. no matter what you take is somehow wrong ;(

• Well, block IDs are fixable. GUIds are a bigger problem because there is no error message - you just won't be able to right click on an advanced machine.

These settings are working for me :

general {
    guiIDGenerator=46
    guicubeprojektor=47
    guideflectorprojektor=48
    guidirectprojektor=49
    guidirectupgrade=50
    guitubeprojektor=51
    }

#########
    # Block #
    #########

block {
    HFFPFieldblock=191
    HFFPMaschines=192
    HFFSUpgrades=193

• MAJOR BUG :
    Exploit found : set an area projector to a frequency on one generator core and start it. Now, using the frequency link, set it to a DIFFERENT frequency. It will drain power from the first generator core until empty but will NOT shut off, and will NOT drain power from the second generator core.

Thus, infinite shields for 0 energy.

Possible fix : disallow changing frequency with frequency link on a projector that is turned on.

SECONDARY BUG :

I tried inhibitors, and found that they usually are broken. The check is the OPPOSITE of what it should be : for a projector inside the boundary of an area shield with an inhibitor, if the frequencies are DIFFERENT the inhibitor works. Inhibiting should only happen if the area projector with the inhibitor and the field block inside the inhibitor field are on the SAME frequency.

I tried putting 2 area projectors on the same frequency, and an inhibitor on one or both of them to link the 2 together. It did not work at all.

On the bright side, I have not found an exploit yet that would let players break into your base if they don't know the frequency your shields are on.

LESSER BUG :
    Nukes will not harm a shield projector at point blank range, although you can break the projector with a pick. Probably because the projector has too much explosion resistance.

MINOR BUG :
    The console states "INFO : Packet Handler Error Modular Force Field" fairly frequently. Given that all the stuff related to guis and machine states seems to work now, I don't know if this is a big deal.

• Also, on the good side : nukes drain energy from shields now! You can break shield blocks with a mining drill now! (though mining laser doesn't work)

You can break shield generators with a pick now! (though it causes bugs if they are replaced in the same spot)

Exploit found : set an area projector to a frequency on one generator core and start it. Now, using the frequency link, set it to a DIFFERENT frequency. It will drain power from the first generator core until empty but will NOT shut off, and will NOT drain power from the second generator core.
    Thus, infinite shields for 0 energy.

confirmed

Shield GUIs do not work at all in the Nether.

confirmed Look current restrictions Main-Thread

Also, on the good side : nukes drain energy from shields now! You can break shield blocks with a mining drill now! (though mining laser doesn't work)

mining laser = energy weapon working with explosion like Nuke drain energy from shields... not break Blocks

The console states "INFO : Packet Handler Error Modular Force Field" fairly frequently. Given that all the stuff related to guis and machine states seems to work now, I don't know if this is a big deal.

are only debug info with a stupid message ;) will be switched off in next version

Nukes will not harm a shield projector at point blank range, although you can break the projector with a pick. Probably because the projector has too much explosion resistance.

confirmed will be revised ..distinction between active and inactive... if inactive explosion resistance like Stone... if active protected by internal shields ^^ ..

You can break shield generators with a pick now! (though it causes bugs if they are replaced in the same spot)

Need more Info about the type of error.... can not understand it

I tried inhibitors, and found that they usually are broken. The check is the OPPOSITE of what it should be : for a projector inside the boundary of an area shield with an inhibitor, if the frequencies are DIFFERENT the inhibitor works. Inhibiting should only happen if the area projector with the inhibitor and the field block inside the inhibitor field are on the SAME frequency.I tried putting 2 area projectors on the same frequency, and an inhibitor on one or both of them to link the 2 together. It did not work at all.

The fact is not a bug.it is in the design of beta 3 based.Area-Projectors and Tube project have a different behavior when inhibitors than normal shields... combine of area fields will be installed later with a separate component.

• I had a really bad Bug:
    I set the Area shield generator on range 30 and turned it on, someone else turned it off and directly again on (a few times)
    Result:
    He replaced every block where there should be the shield with air.

Next bug:
    It turns off fire, removes redstone, crops, water (if its ON the shild)

I had a really bad Bug:
    I set the Area shield generator on range 30 and turned it on, someone else turned it off and directly again on (a few times)
    Result:He replaced every block where there should be the shield with air.

Establishing such a great field need more time... would installed a log against fast switching

Next bug:It turns off fire, removes redstone, crops, water (if its ON the shild)

No Bug...Forcefield i like virtual glass no fire,redstone,...