[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• When do you plan on having full ic2 compatibility? (No UE batteries, wiring or blocks. Simply ic2 wires/materials for recipes and EU for power. No offense, but i'd rather not have two systems that do the same thing, and I'd prefer ic2 as i'm more familiar with it.)

When I sort out a system in which I can easily deal with IC2 compatibility. IC2 compatibility however will always be secondary to UE due to the fact that UE is my system, my baby. :P

• OK, can someone who knows how to use MFFS give me an answer:

Is it possible to have an MFFS Projecter that kills mobs, but does not have a solid Forcefield? I swear I have seen this done on Godcraft.

So basically a giant Tesla Coil that only hurts hostile mobs.

• OK, can someone who knows how to use MFFS give me an answer:

Is it possible to have an MFFS Projecter that kills mobs, but does not have a solid Forcefield? I swear I have seen this done on Godcraft.

So basically a giant Tesla Coil that only hurts hostile mobs.

Yes, it's posible using Defence Stations

• Can I use this mod, hoping for an update for MC 1.5 and future? Or this mod dead?

And I use FF Fusion module with sphere fieldformer, but fusion don't work! I have 2 crossing sphere - and all. Where I make a mistake?

• Yes, but the mod is still being developed. Follow me on Twitter calclavia to see latest snapshots of the mod and information. :)

When I sort out a system in which I can easily deal with IC2 compatibility. IC2 compatibility however will always be secondary to UE due to the fact that UE is my system, my baby. :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (millions of sad faces) mffs is one of the best mods ever, and your going to make it crap if you get rid of ic2 compatiblity, as it was originaly ic2 ONLY, so most of the code probably IS ic2 stuffs, AND the default texture on the defence station is the IC2 mining laser or for short the :Mining Laser: XD

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (millions of sad faces) mffs is one of the best mods ever, and your going to make it crap if you get rid of ic2 compatiblity, as it was originaly ic2 ONLY, so most of the code probably IS ic2 stuffs, AND the default texture on the defence station is the IC2 mining laser or for short the :Mining Laser: XD

Technically, the code is not very IC2. Also, there will always be IC2 compatibility for MFFS, however it might not be as good as the UE compatibility since I know my own API and system better than a foreign one.

• Official Post

MFFS also have a IC² only similar addon , Advanced Repulsion Systems by immibis, so if you don't think MFFS now is not good enough for you...
    Anyway, i believe MFFS will always have both UE and IC² compatibilty.
    In my opinion i don't like much how forcefields "defend" your base, as it can be easily passable with some ICBM stuff or how OP it can be as you can't get in the field without being killed by defense station.

• I love MFFS as it is. It is good that it is being passed over so it still will be developed, but I am a bit (okay, a lot) concerned about it now also being heavily influenced by Universal Electricity. While it is good to have heavier support for UE, this worry is mostly for technical reason, as all UE-based mods seem to perform very badly on my machine (I dunnae, memory leaks? I'm having frequent Out of Memory issues with any UE mod installed, even if there are only UE mods and no others), to such extent that I had to get rid of them all. No idea why it happens, though.

A lot of people don't like changes, but mostly because something they got used to changes. People don't like adapting to new things, but we always do. Change is good as long as it goes in the right direction. Else we'd be stuck. I myself am looking forward to those changes. Some fresher ideas, perhaps.

Personally I prefer UE power over IC2, as it is... I don't want to sound dull or anything, but it feels more sophisticated to me. Though that does not mean I will stop using IC2. I am owner of a server, and most of my folks are more accustomed to IC2. Having cross-integration of the two systems helps a lot. Besides, if people don't want second energy system... what's the problem? They don't have to use it. After all, it is a feature. Ye don't have to use all the features of every single mod. Ye can stick to the ol' good Energy Units.

• I love MFFS as it is. It is good that it is being passed over so it still will be developed, but I am a bit (okay, a lot) concerned about it now also being heavily influenced by Universal Electricity. While it is good to have heavier support for UE, this worry is mostly for technical reason, as all UE-based mods seem to perform very badly on my machine (I dunnae, memory leaks? I'm having frequent Out of Memory issues with any UE mod installed, even if there are only UE mods and no others), to such extent that I had to get rid of them all. No idea why it happens, though.

A lot of people don't like changes, but mostly because something they got used to changes. People don't like adapting to new things, but we always do. Change is good as long as it goes in the right direction. Else we'd be stuck. I myself am looking forward to those changes. Some fresher ideas, perhaps.

Personally I prefer UE power over IC2, as it is... I don't want to sound dull or anything, but it feels more sophisticated to me. Though that does not mean I will stop using IC2. I am owner of a server, and most of my folks are more accustomed to IC2. Having cross-integration of the two systems helps a lot. Besides, if people don't want second energy system... what's the problem? They don't have to use it. After all, it is a feature. Ye don't have to use all the features of every single mod. Ye can stick to the ol' good Energy Units.

I did do some re-work on the GUI and fixed tons of bugs/inefficient code he had with packets. It's less likely to lag servers now.

• I did do some re-work on the GUI and fixed tons of bugs/inefficient code he had with packets. It's less likely to lag servers now.

I myself Find the new Textures to be kick ass Calclavia. Your a awesome developer who's always dedicated and working at your mods everyday.(fav is Atomic Science) Big thing you do is listen to your community. I like where MFFS is headed.

From Kimmel on irc o/ =)

• I myself Find the new Textures to be kick ass Calclavia. Your a awesome developer who's always dedicated and working at your mods everyday.(fav is Atomic Science) Big thing you do is listen to your community. I like where MFFS is headed.

From Kimmel on irc o/ =)

Great to know. I was afraid that people might not like the fact that I have taken over MFFS. There will be bunch of changes, but I think the changes will make the mod a lot more flexible and have a professional quality to it.