Advanced electrolyzer not working 1.7.10

• hey guys. so I set up a MV advanced electrolyzer (greg tech) and its not working. I provide it with enough power. doesn't do anything. I tried putting infinite batteries nothing. I try providing liquid to it. nothing. it doesn't work what so ever. is this a bug or something.

• Please provide more details:
    1. Do you mean GregTech 5 or GregTech 6?
    2. How exactly have you powered it? (if it's GregTech 5, many of the IC2 power sources won't work directly, but might not be obvious that they're not working)
    3. What specific items and liquid have you tried putting into it?

• 1. I'm using GregTech 5.
    2. I have tried battery buffs, infinite batteries directly into the electrolyzer, I also tried using cables. nothing seems to work.
    3. I have tried putting regular water into it and nothing. doesn't power on or do anything. stays inactive

• none of the advanced machines work. only the basic ones. and the electric blast furnace flicks on and off and consumes the material but doesn't do anything. It works perfectly when its LV but MV nothing.

• What are you using for your "infinite batteries"? iirc, the IC2 "debug item" isn't recognized by GregTech 5 as a valid power source inside machines or battery buffers, and the GT debug scanner probably only works for one GT tier (possibly LV). As far as cables, are you using IC2 cables or GregTech cables? IC2 cables require an IC2 transformer or storage block next to a GT transformer before you can power GT machines (see http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregT…ricity#Energy_conversions)

• galacticraft infinite batteries is what I'm using. works on all the basic machines. I'm using only gregtech cables. all ic2 items are disabled on the infitech 2 modpack. ive tried using MV battery buffs but they don't power the advance machines.

• Are you using the same galacticraft infinite batteries in the MV battery buffers? That might be the problem right there. Unlike in IC2, even "infinite" batteries are expected to have a fixed tier in GT, so they'll only work with one tier of battery buffer, even if in IC2 they'd be able to charge a BatBox, CESU, MFE, or MFSU equally well.

Are you sure all IC2 items are disabled? I find that hard to believe, unless you made a mistake and just meant the IC2 cables. For one thing, if you can't make cropsticks or treetaps, how can you get sticky resin for making rubber? (I notice that modpack doesn't include MFR as an alternate source of rubber). Also, a few materials in GT5u normally require the IC2 nuclear reactor to obtain.

Anyway, presuming you're in creative mode, a more reliable way to infinitely power GT MV machines is this:
    MFE with infinite battery (e.g. galalcticraft's, or the IC2 debug item) -> GT MV Transformer -> GT MV machine
    I notice that Infitech 2 includes Extra Utilities, so here's an alternative that's not quite infinite, but probably close enough for testing purposes, in case the MFE is not available:
    Bedrockium drum of nitro diesel, piped into an Advanced Diesel Generator, with the GT MV machine on the output of the diesel gen.

• I have a small lithium battery in a medium voltage battery buff with 1 copper cable connect to a advanced electrolyzer. I put in 6 ruby dust to make chrome. machine doesn't drain the battery nor does consume the material. I have tried different tier batterys and sam result. machine doesn't power or start.