passive power generation

• ok I'll admit I have not played in a while and am trying to figure out the best type of passive power generation with little or no input from me. Use to be I would run solar panels and water mills and that would power pretty much anything I needed to do, but with the removal of the old water mill and the new one requiring either a river or an ocean biome leaves me trying to figure out if there is anything I can do but solar.

• Official Post

I suppose your options are limited to how much you're willing to build. You could do the less exciting options of lots of solars or pumping the nether of lava to fuel geothermal generators, or use a kinetic generator along with a wind turbine (kinetic wind generator in 1.7.10) but that does require rotors to be replaced after a few days if running constantly. There's other options still if you get more creative, such as running a tree farm to produce wood which can be cooked into charcoal then that used in generators. You could even use crops to produce biochaff, then ferment it into biogas which could be burnt for power in the semifluid generator.

You're certainly not short of options, even more so in 1.9+ where the old water and windmills are back with rotors.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• ok thanks for the information I'm gonna have to search through the recipes some more. I'm just lazy about the power generation thats why I focused on solar and water mills cause I could just set them up and go work on my projects with no worrying about the power.